Chapter 13: Explanation

A/N: okay so, I've literally had to republish this chapter as I deleted it and chapter 14 earlier. Luckily after deleted the whole story off AO3, I was sent an email by AO3 and I have a copy of the full story. But this fic will still be getting an edit. It'll be slow but it'll be happening.

What do you wish to discuss girls?" Professor Ozpin asked, taking a sip from his Beacon mug as Weiss and Ruby stood before his large oaken desk.

"We may have discovered something concerning Ruby's kidnapping, the identity of the culprits and the items used to turn her into a faunus," the Heiress explained.

Ozpin raised an inquisitive eyebrow and asked, "Who do you believe is or rather was responsible?"

The red and white pair looked to each other, an unspoken question raised between the two. Both gave a slight nod of confirmation to explain. Ruby continued from where Weiss left off.

"We believe it could have been the White Fang."

Ozpin's lowered brow joined the other in quiet surprise; his expression thoughtful. For once, the two seemed to agree on something.

Both waited patiently for the Professor's response. Determination shining in both girls' eyes.

" What makes you believe the White Fang are responsible? Do you have evidence? Or is this just a theory?" Ozpin fired off questions. The determined looks in the two girls' eyes didn't falter.

Weiss went on to explain everything before arriving at Beacon. About how the White Fang viciously attacked several SDC research facilities and stole two experimental dusts. She also explained how she had 'helped' her father with the damage reports and loss of employees reports whilst her father dealt with the other paperwork on the missing dusts and various top secret documents. The white-haired girl then went onto explain how she had witnessed more than a few experiments on faunus and humans. How the dusts had been injected into their bloodstream one after the other. She then explained how she had never witnessed what the dusts did to the people in the metal chair. All she did know was the colour of the experimental dusts and what form they were in.

Finishing her explanation, Ozpin took a moment to think everything through. He had never heard of two new dusts and certainly not the type to be used on humans and faunus.

Eventually, he made up his mind on what to say. "Unfortunately, your explanation does not prove anything to do with what happened to Miss Rose. Although, it certainly is plausible."

Ruby stepped toward the desk, her fists clenched and her wolf ears flattened forwards in anger. "When I was being experimented on, I remember there being more faunus compared to humans. I remember some of the faunus that I saw every single day as they put that crap into me!" her voice had risen to a shout without her realising.

The Professor merely looked her in the eye, not in the least intimidated by the young Reaper.

"As I said, do you have the evidence?" he repeated as calm as ever. Although, he wasn't actually calm on the inside.

It seemed as though Weiss could sense this and proceeded to place her hand on her partners shoulder. One to calm her down and two, to make her back off. Gladly, the younger girl did.

Her expression had become less determined and more like a kicked puppy. She knew they had not an ounce of evidence. They were basically fucked if they were to go head to head with whoever did this to her. They had barely any information on the White Fang. And what if they were wrong? What if it was someone else. Maybe it was the government of one of the other kingdoms? Or it could be someone much worse than any kingdom and the White Fang.