Ayame Sohma

Ayame x Reader

"Ayame-kun!!" You called out to your best friend of 10 years.

You were Y/N L/N and you have been best friends with the Snake, Ayame Sohma for 10 years. Of course it means you knew Hatori and Shigure but you were closer to Ayame.

"Y/N-chan, sorry to keep you waiting! The shop was quite busy today" says Ayame.

"Oh it's okay, I don't mind waiting for you" 'Even if I have waited for about 7 years'

Oh yes, even if you and Ayame were friends, you couldn't help but to develop feelings for him. You knew about his curse and you continued to stay with him.

Whenever you see him flirting- I mean talking to other girls, you can't help but to feel jealous. However you never once told Ayame about how you feel, for the fear of rejection and losing him as a friend.

Often you had consult Hatori and Shigure about this but they were of no help honestly. I mean, Hatori is still trying to move on from Kana and Shigure is a huge flirt...

Anyways! Today was a rare day since both you and Ayame manage to get a day off from your jobs. Ayame works in a shop with wedding dresses and all while you work in a pet cafe.

"Ayame-kun look! It's the ice cream parlor! Let's go get some!!" You exclaimed and dragged Ayame.

Ayame chuckled as he thought how cute you looked and how you hadn't change since you two had met. And it was because of the ice cream parlor that you two met in the first place...

10 years ago, you were only 16, a Junior high student. You were actually aiming to enter the prestigious Sohma Private High School.

You were on your way home during one Summer school day when you had spot an ice cream parlor. With the money you had, you immediately head for the parlor.

"Excuse me, one chocolate chip ice cream please!" You said and paid the man the money.

As you had gotten your ice cream, you were about to walk back home when you heard a cry. You turn behind only to see a young man with long white hair, crying for the loss of no more ice cream.

"Umm, I could share with you if you want, I wouldn't mind" You said.

The man turn to you and his eyes immediately sparkled.

"Arigatou! You're a life saver! I'm Ayame Sohma!" He exclaimed.

"Y/N L/N, nice to meet you Sohma-san" You said while handing him your ice cream.

"Don't be so formal. I see that we're the same age, call me Ayame it's fine" He says.

"You're the same age as me? You're 16 too?" You ask.

"Yeah, I'm in Sohma Junior High School and I'm going to Sohma Private High School" He says.

"Guess I'll see you there then!"

Ayame chuckles at the memory where he was indeed surprised that he saw you in Sohma Private High School and even the same class as him, Hatori and Shigure.

"Ayame-kun!" You called out to him.

"Coming!" Ayame says and cathes up to you.

"What are you thinking about?" You ask.

"Mmm, just the day we met" He says and you raised an eyebrow but eventually broke into a smile.

"It's amazing how it's been 10 years since we met and how I fell in love with you" You said.

Your eyes widen upon realization and turn to Ayame who was also as shock.

"W-Wait what?" He ask.

'Come on Y/N, might as well not lie anymore' You said to yourself and gather up the courage to confess, even if it means losing a great friend.

"A-Ayame-kun, the truth is... I fell in love with you7 years ago... I understand if you only see me as a friend or sister so..."

"Y/N-chan"

"It's okay! I'm ready to face a rejection anyways so uhh..."

You started trailing off again when Ayame sighs and surprises you with a kisd. You gasp and blink a few times, taking the time to process what happened.

"I like you too Y/N-chan"

You smiled with a blush and Ayame chuckled. And so, you and Ayame decided to make it official and started dating.