The New Kid

Anaviosi's P.O.V.

I was on border patrol when she arrived at camp. Percy put Nico and I next to Thalia's old pine tree. We were playing I spy when suddenly I spot a small figure sprinting up the hill. That would have been easy, that is if there wasn't a horde of monsters following her. Then an unexpected thing happened. She pulled out a pure black sword and fought them off. Storm spirits? Dead. Empousai? Eat the blade.

I snap out of my stupor and run down to help the demigod. I'm nearly there but I'm to late and the last monster becomes dust. "Hey kid are you ok?" I ask. She turns to look at me. "Nice of you to join me." She says sarcastically and grins. Her grin a mirror of Percy's. "What's your name? How old are you?" Nico asks.

"I'm Nala, I'm sixteen." She turns her gaze to Nico as she says this. Her eyes are unsettling. They're sea green but very, very dark green. "How did you get your sword?" I ask. This makes her pull out her sword and I get a closer look at it. It is as dark as night and has gold outlining it. "I don't know. I think it's a gift I got from my dad. My mum gave me it when she sent me here." Strange. Maybe she's a daughter of Poseidon, but then again she has dark brown hair and really dark eyes.

"Let's get Chiron." I say and head down to the big house. Nala and Nico follow me. When we get there the centaur is standing on the porch talking to Percy. "Hey Chiron we found somebody!" I shout to him. He turns to face us, as does Percy.

"Hello dear, what's your name?" asks Chiron. She frowns at being called dear, it would be funny but her frown is as bad as Percy's glare. "I'm Nala, how come you're a horse?" she asks bluntly. I like this kid. "Centaur, I'm only half horse. So Nala, what do you know about Greek mythology?"

After a long discussion with Chiron about mythology, I get told to lead Nala to cabin 11 where she will stay until she gets claimed. Hearing her thoughts and opinions on things made me like her even more. She was funny and highly sarcastic but she seemed caring as well. When we get to cabin 11 I leave her with Nico since they're around the same age.

Nico's P.O.V.

The new girl Nala seems nice. She's pretty funny as well. I was asking her about her likes and dislikes and she is very similar to me. When the conch horn goes I head off to dinner. It's capture the flag tonight and I really want to win. It's Angels Vs Campers. When I get to the pavilion I look around for Percy, I need to talk to him about something. I spot him sitting at the angel table talking to Ekstaci. (If you haven't guessed yet Ekstaci is Selina)

When I walk over Percy looks up and I ask if I can speak to him alone. We head into the woods. "So what's up Neeks?" He asked. I sigh, there is no way I can stop him calling me that. "The new girl, Nala, did you sense the amount of power she has?" I ask him. Her power is stronger than Percy's was when he was a demigod. "Yeah, I did."

The conch horn sounds and we head to get our team and plan our attack. After deciding to put the flag in the cave where the old entrance to the Labyrinth was, we all spread out. Beckendorf and Selina are guards, everyone else is just full on attacking. "Watch out for Nala guys!" shouts Percy. "She seems very powerful." The conch horn sounds.

As I'm racing through the woods I think about when I travelled the maze on my own. Not including Minos of course. Then I bump into somebody. "Hey!" A voice shouts. I get up and see Nala, in pitch black armour get up full on glaring at me. It's paralysing, I completely freeze.

Nala's P.O.V.

Ha! Nico is scared of my glare. I whack him across the head with the flat of my sword. Chiron said it is made of a material called Night Gold. Apparently it's really, really rare. As I run through the trees my ADHD is making my brain speed up all thoughts. Then I burst into a clearing.

Up ahead is the other teams flag. Only problem is the two guards. I pull out my sword and start fighting the burly one first. Slash. Block. Swipe. Unconcious, I win. I grab the flag after disposing of the other guard. About 50 yards from the creek I see Percy running at me with our flag in his hands.

I try run twice as fast. Jump the creek. The whistle goes. Percy got over just before I did and won for his team! I notice the shadows warp around me as I walk. Weird. The flag that had wings on it, the flag I almost captured, got a new design. The background is blacker than shadows and the symbol on the front is a devil's pitchfork with angel wings spread out behind it. "All hail Nala Sigma, Daughter of Thanatos, God of Death and Shadow Guard of Tartarus."

_______________________

I don't know