Lo-fi Winter

<<Aizawa P.O.V.>>
Friday

It was my last day at U.A. before we were let out for winter break, and all I did was study and take mid-terms all day. I left the academy to see white as far as the eye can see. Snowflakes were falling slowly yet peacefully on the ground and onto my black scarf creating a classic contrast.

Standing outside, I pull out my phone and earbuds to play music before I walk to the train station. U.A. was a bit far from my house, but I didn't mind it and neither did my mom. My dad hasn't been a part of the picture since I was a child, and even to this day I don't know why; maybe he was disappointed because of my quirk, who knows. He left without saying a word, but he did leave me a yellow sleeping bag as a final gift.

I dreaded winter as a child, christmas became boring once my dad left, so now all my mom and I do is go out to eat at our favorite restaurant. It wasn't anything special, just a steakhouse, but it made my mother happy, and that's all I wanted her to be.

I plug my earbuds in and press 'shuffle' on my playlist. Just before I could put my phone back into my pocket, I get a text from my loud, dim-witted friend.

Yamada💛💫: Heyyyyy Shooooo!! How were finals??

Yamada didn't have to come to U.A. today, his final test was yesterday and today would've been his seminar, which was optional.

((You)): hey Hizashi, tests were annoying as always-how was your day off
Yamada💛💫: It was pretty good, I got to sleep in for once and as soon as I woke up I texted my bestest friend ever!!
((You)): and whoever might that be🤔
Yamada💛💫: you seriously don't know?? It's you Sho Sho!!! How could you ever forget how much I looooove youuuuu😿
((You)): trust me, I didn't.

Hizashi Yamada, the loudest kid in school, no, the loudest kid in Asia, and also my closest friend. He's a very affectionate friend, very hands-on and touchy. Every time I see that bird brain he wraps his arms around me and rests his head on mine, probably to tease me about how short I am. We've been friends since first year, so of course we're closer than the normal student, but sometimes I wonder how it would be if we were more than that. Whenever I see the yellow emojis around his name I always think of that, and no I didn't put those by his name myself. The day I gave him my phone to put in his number he added them so I can "remember his favorite color is yellow," I just never really wanted to get rid of them.

((Tiny time skip))
Once I finally got to the station, my hands were nearly frozen and my nose was cold and red. My train arrived and I hopped down on the first seat I could find. Once I composed myself and got comfy, I resumed texting my friend and reading my stories while the snow outside slowly fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! Slug here! My favorite author happens to be Mary Shelley, if you want a good read I recommend her most famous piece: Frankenstein!My Instagram name is also Slug.Sama!! If you want to see the art I post, I recommend searching me up!! ~Slug