The Day Out

<<Aizawa P.O.V.>>
Saturday

Yamada and I reached our first destination: a Japanese Barbecue restaurant.
I loved bbq personally, but if I knew Yamada and I knew what he liked, which I do, he's not one for the grilled meats. While we looked at the menu, I caught Hizashi catching little glimpses of me with pink dusting his cheeks. I don't know what he finds so interesting about me ordering food is, but I liked the subtle attention.

We got our food, I had gotten Koji-Cured Grilled Salmon and Hizashi got grilled chicken meatballs. I ate mine within ten minutes and I loved every second of it while Yamada scrunched up his face with the first bite. After one meatball he forked the rest over to me, which I also ate quickly. I truly don't know why he chose this place when he clearly doesn't like Japanese barbecue. Either way, we paid for our meal and left the restaurant with Hizashi grabbing my hand and dragging me with him nearly tripping me.

Our next destination was an arcade with tons of neon lights and prizes. Now this was made Yamada very happy. The minute we walked in, Hizashi bolted towards one of those insert-money coin slots. I'm not one for arcades really, so of course I don't know what they're called. I watched Hizashi run from game to game dragging me along. I felt like I was on a high; bright lights everywhere, constantly moving, and a lot of dizziness.

As I was being dragged like a rag doll across the floor, one "game" caught my interest the most-it was a claw machine with cat plushies inside of them. It was so loud that I couldn't hear my own voice, so the way I could let Hizashi know what I wanted was to pull on his jacket and point at it. I was beyond embarrassed, asking my best friend to get me a cat plushie by its pulling on his sweater and pointing like a toddler. He smiled at this humiliating display, but he took me to the legendary kitty claw machine.

After tons of attempts and money lost, we finally won a plushie. It was a squishy white cat with pink whiskers and a bell collar the size of a pillow, and boy was it soft. I completely forgot about the time, so I checked to see. "4:50 pm" huh, Not as late as I thought it was. Due to the days getting shorter during winter, the sun was already setting.

Once the fun was said and done, I walked out with my new cat pillow whom I lovingly named Tulip. Despite being active all day, Yamada continued talking to me about random things he enjoyed, he even played me some of his favorite songs. He asked me to play my favorite song for him, which I hesitated to play.

My favorite songs were all by an artist called "Nero" and all of his music was rather... odd. I trusted that he wouldn't judge me, so I played my favorite, the song I listen to while I write, work, and sleep. I kept sneaking glances at Yamada to see how he was reacting to the odd choice in music, and oddly enough, he was ever so slightly head bobbing.

"Yo Sho, this is really good!! Can we keep listening to it?"
He seemed very pleased with the sounds that danced in his ears. As we walked to the bus stop to go back to our houses, snow began to fall.
"Hey, we better pick up the pace or we'll become snowmen with quirks!"

We starred to speed walk to the bus stop, and speed walking led to jogging, which led to sprinting. Once we made it, we were both sweaty and panting messes, but we were on the bus on our ways home. As we rode, the snow had picked up a lot, we could barely see outside of our window; "man it's gonna be hell to walk through all of this, poor Yamada."

Interrupting my pitiful thoughts of Yamada in the snow, he piped up and asked me "Hey Sho, can we have a sleepover?"