|2. A business deal|

*not edited*

Hey lovelies!

I hope you're enjoying this story so far x

Lots of love

Rose x

|2.|

Now before you all freak out about the fact I couldn't remember my own fiancés name, let me just make one thing clear.

I could probably count on all ten fingers everything I knew about the man in front of me.

Aaron Samuels is 27, making him a total of four years older than me. He's Indian, works as a freelance accountant, his parents are Meera and Hardish Samuels, he has a nice smile and the last time we saw each other (roughly about three weeks ago), we decided to get engaged.

Maybe I should also explain that I only met the guy for the first time about four weeks ago.

Yup, talk about crazy. On second thought, maybe I should really check out the nearest psychiatric hospital.

But despite how crazy it all sounds, there is actually some rationality behind my madness. Even if that small rational part is questionable.

Here let me explain:

1. I can't be bothered to date. Personally I think it is just a waste of time, money and resources, all of which could be used to better yourself in other ways.

2. Love isn't real. Well, it might be real for the select few that magically find their soulmates and live happily ever after (like my parents.) But for the rest of us, love is just a fantasy- a dream. It isn't real and honestly I think the real tragedy is those who waste their lives chasing after this irrational idea of 'true love.'

And 3. Why fall in love and get married, when you could use all that effort and energy to better yourself? The most terrifying thing to me, if the idea of getting married and then having devote myself to my husband and my children.

Why? Why would I want to do that?

Why on earth would I want to settle for a boring life of self sacrifice and putting others first when I could keep putting myself first?

I have dreams.

Dreams that would be impossible to fulfil if I got married and settled down into the housewife role.

I want to be successful. I want to be rich. I want to be more than just someone's wife.

I have worked way too hard to get where I am now, just to give that all up for some man.

So this begs the question- why then do I have a fiancé?

Well as lovely as Aaron Samuels is (and this is bearing in mind I have literally only met the guy like five times in my whole life) I am not in love with him and I can guarantee that I will never be in love with him.

And that means he is perfect fiancé material.

On our first blind date, he asked me about my aspirations and about where I see myself in three years time. I told him, without missing a beat: "I will be the first female director of PR for Armstrong Corporations."

Can I just quickly point out that Armstrong Corporations is legendary. Like it's the biggest company in technology (even bigger than Google) and to even work there is an honour. But to be the head of PR? That's an impossible dream for many. But for me- I'm going to make it my reality, no matter what.