|5. Kidnapping 101|

*not edited*

I love you all. Thank you for your support!

Rose x

|5.|

The first thing I saw when I finally opened my eyes was...black.

Holy fucking shit.

I'm blind.

I've heard of stories in the news where people have a blunt force trauma to their head and then the next thing they know, they're blind.

That must be what happened to me.

Oh God! I'm blind...

No I can't be blind. What about my job?

Panic ensues, my chest tightens and I almost pass out once again from hyperventilating but then I feel the weirdly soft texture of the surface I was lying on and then I focus on the slight rumble of what sounded like- an engine?

When I try to move, I realise that all my movements are constricted. My arms are bent behind my back at an awkward angle, my legs are twisted, my whole body seems to be scrunched up.

Then everything just clicks and realisation dawns on me as if a bucket of ice cold water had been thrown over me...I've been kidnapped.

I twist and turn as much as my confinement allowed and I tried to pause my overactive mind in order to think clearly.

Ok Kes, just calm the fuck down.

I had very limited information but three things were clear as day.

I've been kidnapped

My kidnapper is most definitely the person who was holding Aaron (my fake fiancè and liar extraordinaire) at gunpoint, the same man who I had knocked out with a frying pan, who then also knocked me out with the same said frying pan.

I was in the boot of a car

The last one was an educated guess. I could hear the rumble of the engine and I could feel the movement of the vehicle. My kidnapper must have tied me up and stuffed me in the back of his car.

Brilliant! Honestly, just when I thought this day couldn't possibly get any worse.

But along with that thrilling prospect of being kidnapped and held hostage in the back of a car, came the thought that maybe, just maybe I wasn't actually blind. Desperate to know whether I had actually become handicapped from a frying pan, I started rubbing my face against the surface of the car boot and just as I had hoped for, my blindfold dislodged. It was still pitch black but I could start to see the shadowy outline of my surroundings.

Oh thank god! I'm not blind!

The blindfold was still mostly in place, covering practically most of my eyes but it had moved just enough to let me see that my legs were tied together. Just as I had imagined, I was in the boot of a car and my arms were bound awkwardly and painfully behind me.

Now that I had confirmed my position, there was only one thing left to do.

Which was- GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

When I turned sixteen and I had told my parents that my dream was to study in New York, they were fully supportive. Academically I was excellent but when I asked my high school careers adviser, Janet, she had not so kindly explained to me that to get into the top colleges, academic excellence wasn't the only requirement. I needed to be more active, perhaps take on some more extra curricular activities or join some clubs and societies.