|6. No place like an abandoned warehouse|

*not edited*

|6.|

As my eyes fluttered open and the throbbing pain in the side of my head slowly subsided, I took the time to organise my thoughts and figure out where the fuck things got so messed up.

And there was only one answer which lit up in my head like a spotlight on a dark stage.

Aaron Samuels- that lying, fucking, weak-assed bastard! Just wait until I get my hands on him...

I knew it.

I knew that nothing good would ever come from me even thinking about marriage. I mean look at me now. It's not even a real marriage and I've already been kidnapped, tied up and held hostage in what looks like a run down, damp filled warehouse.

Slowly I glance around my surroundings, feeling acid climb up my throat as I smelt the wet, damp air and notice the crumbling walls and suspicious wet puddles on the concrete floor.

My stomach made a weird, almost animalistic grumble, sounding similar to a beached whale's cry for help and it distracted me momentarily from my depressing situation.

I still haven't had anything to eat and despite the lack of light in this closed building, I could almost imagine the time to be mid-day, or maybe early afternoon. Who the hell knows?

My jaw ached painfully from the gag wrapped around my head and once again I'm completely bound up. My arms are tied up behind me and I've been dumped on the cold concrete floor with my right leg chained up to a tall, rusting metal post.
My kidnapper however, is nowhere to be seen. And in all honesty, that scares me more than anything. The thought of being bound and abandoned in the middle of nowhere with no access to food or water was frankly frightening.

But, the prospect of being alone, bound and abandoned in the middle of nowhere seemed strangely even more terrifying.

Despite the protests my empty stomach was making, I continued to explore my surroundings, my wide eyes taking in everything around me.

I was right. From the grey concrete walls and floors and the high metal corrugated ceilings, this was definitely some kind of abandoned warehouse. However, on closer inspection, despite the limited light, it was clear the warehouse might not be as abandoned as I initially thought.

There was light- well, there could be if the single light bulbs hanging from the ceiling were turned on. There was also what looks like a makeshift shower, a kitchen unit (basically a worktop with a mini fridge, microwave and a hot plate cooker), a rail on the side with about three or four t-shirts, two jackets and on the side some folded jeans. And finally off to the side, almost hidden out of my line of sight was a mattress.

This might be an abandoned warehouse, but right now- it was someone's home.

And while I might think highly of myself, it definitely doesn't take a genius to figure out who that someone might be.

And talk of the devil...

I hear the loud thumping of his boots against the dusty ground first before I actually see my kidnapper face to face again. I want to shout or scream or just do something-anything to show him my anger at being kidnapped but the gag in my mouth prevents me from making any noise apart from some low moans and grumbles and my bound hands and feet stop me from jumping up to throttle him to death.

The bastard stops in front of me, his face as disgustingly handsome as before, though his expression void and empty.

"You're awake." He states, his deep voice a rumble that grates on me.