|3. Tangled style|

*not edited*

Hi lovelies,

I really hope you are enjoying this so far. I'll be honest I really love Kessiya and just her personality in general!

Please keep showing this book some love.

Rose x

|3.|

I have always prided myself on being self aware.

I mean, that's how I became the youngest senior executive of PR for Armstrong Corporations. I always had an eye for details, always on my toes, always being self aware and ready to learn new things.

But more importantly, ever since I was young, I've always been aware of other people. I can read them like an open book. It's almost a sixth sense.

That's how I knew, straight away when I met Sandra and her friends for coffee, that within a few minutes I would be desperate to pull my hair out and just as I had anticipated, I wasn't wrong.

That's also how I knew, when I walked into my first blind date with Aaron Samuels, that he was gay.

I'll be honest and admit that I wasn't 100% sure that he batted for the other team, because believe me, he hid it very well. He was conscientious and friendly and acted completely in the opposite manner to my sterotypical assumtion of gay men. He spoke about his religion, his family and his future life plans but despite it all, I just had this deep feeling.

Aaron Samuels was gay.

And right now, the look on his shell shocked face, suggests that I had just hit the nail on its head.

His tanned face loses all its colour, his long fingers tighten around the stem of his wine glass.

   "W-what?" He splutters, his eyes going wide.  "Wha-t are you talking about?"

Suddenly a wall of denial is erected and he looks at me with fire in his eyes. Any former friendliness is wiped out and he glares at me, burning me with his dark eyes.

  "How dare you!" He snaps, "How dare you accuse me like that."

I blink at his words, but the rest of my face remains expressionless. He was angry at me, but not because I had assumed wrong, but probably because I was the first person to ever have confronted him face to face.

  "I get that you're angr-"

  "Just shut up!" Aaron interrupts. He stands up and grabs his jacket and before I could say anything else, he marched out of the restaurant.

Shit.

I run my fingers through my thick black hair, ignoring all the weird looks I was getting from the other customers.

I had messed up. 

  "Miss?"

I look up to meet the anxious eyes of our server. She was young, probably still in college and from the uncomfortable look on her face, she wasn't sure how to deal with the situation she had just encountered.

  "Would you like to order anything else?" She asks awkwardly and I smile at her to ease her apprehension. I remember what it was like to work part time, while trying to maintain all my studies, yet barely making enough to survive.

Life was hard enough, but life as a student in New York was just Hell.

  "No, I think I'm ready to get the bill." I tell her and she smiles back before leaving and then returning quickly.