|7. Are you dumb, stupid or dumb|

*not edited*

I am so sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. Please forgive me? 

Also, anyone get the reference to the title of this chapter? Ticktockers unite! 

|7.|

I gulp down air because my mouth is so dry there isn't even any saliva to swallow.

Staring down the barrel of the weapon aimed directly in my direction, with the undeniable prospect of death speeding towards me, I quickly realised something.

You know I said I wasn't afraid to die. The whole circle of life crap that I was sprouting.

Yeah well, I lied.

I was afraid.

So.

Fucking.

Afraid.

My kidnapper wasn't messing around. For a while I had allowed myself to be comforted by the illusion that the man, holding a gun to me for the second time since we had met, wouldn't actually use it on me. I had perhaps downplayed this whole kidnapping/hostage situation, maybe over estimating my actual value as a hostage and suddenly the biting cold of the metal pressed against my head had abruptly brought reality crashing down on me once again.

"I'm not going to ask you again." He says, "Tell me where Aaron Samuels is or that rescue team you're desperately depending on will find you, just too late."

As if to reiterate his words, the barrel of the gun digs harder into my head and for that split second I can almost see my life flash in front of me like a bad dream.

He was losing his patience now and as I stared deep into his dark eyes I couldn't find anything which suggested this man would show mercy. He looked like someone with nothing to lose and that meant shooting a twenty three year old indian woman in the head would be no problem for him.

"I-I..." I can't get the words out. They are stuck in my throat and once again I'm wondering if this is it. Is this the end for me? To be murdered, alone and terrified.

Surely, my life won't end like this? So wasted, unfulfilled.

"I don't know." I finally find myself saying. "I have no idea where he is. Believe me, if I knew I would tell you."

That's a lie.

If I had even a smidge of knowledge about where that slimy toad, Aaron, was hiding, I would have no hesitance in grabbing the same gun pointed at me and taking it to hunt that fucker down.

He should be the one bound like a dog to a pole in some fucking warehouse, looking death in the eye- not me!

The man doesn't hesitate. He doesn't even blink.

"Wrong answer." He states, as if he was hosting a bar quiz and not about to execute my death sentence. My eyes focus on his finger as it moves towards the trigger in almost slow motion.

And in that critical moment, probably the most important moment in my whole entire life. All I could think about was how clean his hands were.

"You have such clean hands." I don't even realise I have spoken, until the finger reaching for the trigger stops moving.

My abrupt blurt seems to have shocked him. "What?" He questions, confused. His eyebrows scrunch up almost comically, but it's his hands I'm interested in.