12 X Reader

Prompt #43 #52 #55 - Your POV

You stood there trying your best to comprehend what the Doctor was saying. He was currently spouting off his ridiculous plan of how we could get out of this.

Are you even listening?” he asked.

Yes, it just takes me a while to process so much stupid at once,” you responded.

“Well I don’t see you having any better ideas,” he snapped back.

“Yeah, you’ve got a point there,” you replied. And so you went with his plan. And it worked. He said some questionable things along the way but it worked.

“Good job,” you said to him after it was all said and done.

“Thank you,” he replied ‘you did good too.” You smiled at him, you wrapped your arms around him.

“You know I don’t do the hugging thing,” he complained, but awkwardly wrapped his arms around you anyway. You laughed a little and pulled away. 

“Thank you, Doctor,” you said before excusing yourself to your room and going to bed.

*Skippity Wippity*

You woke up the next morning and your hand immediately found its way to your face. A piece of paper was stuck to your forehead. You pulled it off and squinted your eyes at putting it closer to your face

In the doctor's shaky handwriting it read:‘Went to run some errands be back soon. Be ready to go when i get back.” You set it on your bedside table, and quickly started getting ready. You picked out an outfit, still half asleep, and hopped into the shower. 

When you finished you hopped out and got dressed. Once you fixed your hair and brushed your teeth, you walked out into the console room. The  Doctor was already there waiting on you.

Did you get my note?” he asked turning towards you.

Of course I got it. You taped it to my forehead while I was sleeping,” you replied. He laughed to himself, walking around the console pressing buttons and flipping switches. 

“I’m taking you somewhere, but you can’t ask where because it’s a surprise,” he said finally. 

“Alrighty then,” you nodded waiting for him to give the word.

“Go outside,” he pointed to the door. You walked outside, him following closely behind you.

“You always talk about going to France, though I think I might have accidentally got us here a little too early. Revolutionary France, lets try this again,” he turned to walk back into the TARDIS.

“No, no," you stopped him let's look around” you suggested. That was probably the worst idea you could ever had cause within an hour you were watching people were being beheaded by guillotine.

“Oh my god,” you gasped. You could tell that the Doctor was getting uncomfortable.

“We should go,” he suggested trying to get you out of the situation as quickly as possible.

“They’re gonna behead that innocent man!” you exclaimed.

I don’t give a damn,” he replied.

You give so many damns they’re visible from space,” you pointed upwards to make your point.

“Fine!” he snapped causing you to flinch slightly. He softened “okay.”

And that’s how you ended up with a man literally hugging your feet.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” he said over and over again.

“Really, it’s nothing,” you replied sheepishly, trying to get him off you.

“It’s really not nothing, you saved his life,” the Doctor pointed out, knowing full well he was making it worse.

“I did not, you did,” you defended yourself

“He would be dead if you hadn’t convinced me to help him,” he smiled evilly at you.

“You are really not helping me right now!” you growled.

After around 30 minutes of convincing this man to get off your legs he finally let go. You and the Doctor found your way back to the TARDIS.

“Thank you Doctor,” you broke the silence that had been lingering in the air for too long.

“For what?” he asked.

“Saving that man, it does mean a lot, to him and to me,” you said quietly.

“Come here,” he said motioning for you. You walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around you and you both just stood there for a moment.

“I thought you weren’t a hugging person,” you laughed.

“Shh, don’t ruin the moment,” he shushed you.