Chapter 13

The Doctor's POV

We walked in silence towards the TARDIS. After the events that just occurred, neither Rose nor I knew what to say. Rose wandered down the street not making eye contact with anyone. I strode through the street and finally got to the TARDIS.

Rose and I went inside and she broke the awkward silence. "Doctor? What now?" She asked and looked at me. I just shrugged softly and continued to mess around on the control panel. "You need to sort this out. If I'm confused she must be rethinking her whole life. She needs to talk to you." she said and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Why can't you talk to her?" I asked knowing the answer.

"Because I'm not her father. You are. And right now I think she needs her dad." She replied and our eyes met. I sighed softly and started down the steps towards Spy's room. I turned around to look at Rose, she just nodded.

I reached Spy's room and knocked softly on her door. "Spy? Can we talk?" I asked.

"Go Away! I don't want to talk to you." She growled and I heard movement in her room.

"Come on. I just wanna talk. I can explain why I did what I did. I promise that I had a good reason." I tried to get her to talk to me.

"Don't you understand. I DON'T EVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" She yelled and something slammed into the door. I stepped back and made a bad choice. I grabbed my Sonic Screwdriver and pointed it at the door handle. "Don't even try. I deadlocked it. You're never coming in." She called.

"I just wanna talk. Please. I can explain everything."

Small Time Jump

The door unlocked and opened with a softly creak.

Spy's POV

I lay on my bed facing away from the door, Not wanting to see him. He sat on my bed and, carefully and uncertainly, placed his hand on my shoulder. "So. Umm... You wanna talk about it?" He asked softly.

"Why'd you give me up? Why did you leave me there? WHY DID YOU NEVER COME BACK?" I screamed and sat up, glaring at him. Tears streaming down my face. He looked away from me and I saw tears forming in his eyes.

"I gave you to the Orphanage because I didn't want you to get hurt. I left you there hoping they could give you a better life. If you went with me around time and space you could have been harmed. I was trying to protect you." He said and tried to calm me.

"YOU HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING THEN HARM ME! MY WHOLE LIFE I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD NO ONE! NO FAMILY! YOU LEFT ME AT AN ORPHANAGE THAT BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ME! I'VE BEEN HARMED MORE FROM NOT BEING WITH YOU THEN I IF I WAS WITH YOU." I screamed back at him and ran over to my desk.

He watched as I cried into my arms. "I never meant for you to know about me..."

"You mean you never meant for us see each other again. You meant for me to reach the age 18 then be tossed out onto the streets. YOUR SO SELFISH AND MEAN." I interrupted and started drawing, trying to calm myself down. Hot tears dreamed down my face and spoiled my paper. I went to speak but he started yelling. It scared me.

"I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO GET KILLED BY A DALEK OR A CYBERMEN. YOU NEARLY WERE KILLED BECAUSE OF ME." He yelled and went to the door. He turned and looked at me one more time then left my room.

Rose's POV

Knowing that I couldn't and shouldn't interfere, I sat there listening to the yelling that was coming from Spys room. I heard the door slam and heavy footsteps echo through the halls. The Doctor came storming into the room and started pulling levers. "Doctor? Is everything ok?" I asked, knowing full well it wasn't and walked up to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and looked him in he eyes.

He turned to face me, "Everything is just perfect." He snapped at me and turned back to look at the TARDIS control panel. I backed away from him and leaned on the railing.

"Sorry," I whispered and stared at the ground. I continued to stay out of The Doctors way. He seemed really upset but I was too worried to ask again.

We didn't hear or see Spy again. She remained tucked away in her room. I don't blame her.

The Doctors POV

If she didn't want to be on the TARDIS with me then she didn't have to.