Chapter Two

I scooted away "Iara. What's wrong?" I got up "I- i heard you, I heard everything. " I turned to run away.

I bolted down the stairs as fast as I could. I ran to the room and grabbed a change of clothes before shifting. I ran out the door with tears in my eyes as I bolted through the woods. I didnt know where I was going but I didnt care. I ran until I reached a beach. I paused and ran to a cave I saw near by. It was dry inside so I went to the back of the cave and set my clothes down. I caught my breath as I sat on the beach. I laid down for a second but I ended up falling asleep.

—————Next morning——————
Cold water touched my nose as I woke up. Startled I got up and grabbed my clothes. I quickly got dressed. I realised I must have fallen asleep and shifted back in my sleep. I saw water start to flood the cave so I walked to the entrance.
What the cave looked like shortly after sunrise:

I walked out of the cave as the water touched my legs

I walked out of the cave as the water touched my legs. I felt instantly connected to the water. The smell of the ocean filled my nose. I walked out to the rock ahead of me as the cave flooded. I think it's called the tide. I sat on the rock as the water covered my legs. I looked out to the water, I took a deep breath. I went to the sand and found a crowd of rocks. I undressed and put my clothes behind the rocks after checking for humans. I shifted into wolf form and ran along the shore line. I have swam about a million times in my life and I enjoyed swimming. I climbed up a rock and looked down, below the rock was deep water. I stepped back and ran as I  jumped into the ocean. I doggy paddled through the water. I dove under water swimming under before going back up for air. I swam closer to shore and swam just outside of the coral. I suddenly started shifting back on accident. I groaned as I fought the change. I became human once more but suddenly felt something touch my feet. I felt something crush my legs but as I yelled in pain I reached down to find out nothing was on my legs nor where they injured. I have shifted before why is this happening. I groaned and started to drown. My head went under water and I couldnt move my legs. I tried to paddle with my hands as I went under. I gasped for air as I realised I was a few feet down. What? How? How can I breathe under water? I tried breathing again it was like breathing air. Puzzled I kept trying to swim up. I groaned in pain as I felt my legs burning. I thrashed back in forth trying to swim. I passed out from pain as I saw the sun shining through the deep blue water.

I dreamt of her telling me the story of the wolf and the maiden, I don't even know what I should call her anymore. I awoke to something bumping my head. I opened my eyes and looked up. I was still under water. I was somehow alive I wonder if this is all a dream. I started to freak out as a shark swam past me. I froze in fear as I watched it swim away. I started to unfreeze when I could no longer see it. I put my hand on the sand and pushed up. I sat up and nearly passed out from shock. I-I had a tail and not a wolf tail. I thought mermaids weren't real. How is this possible? Am I am hybrid of a wolf and a mermaid, like the stories I have heard before. I examined my tail, it was light blue and golden. I touched the scales on my tail. I gasped and I tried swimming up but failed. I looked at the sand below me and realised I wasnt wearing anything to cover up my chest.