The Unspoken Pain

( This part focuses on Kartik and Naira's pain, I believe that they must have grieved for quite some time before they could become normal. This story will focus on how they overcome the pain while being each other's strength.)

The moonlight cast a heavenly glow in the entire room, a tired Naira turns toward's her Kartik's side of the bed, only to find it empty. She wakes up frightened and starts to look for Kartik. Through the window, she sees the silhouette of a man standing in the balcony motionless. It was 3 am in the morning.

Kartik couldn't sleep, he kept recalling the last moments that he had spent with his daughter. He smiled thinking how she held his finger with her tiny hand. He got up from the bed and made himself a cup of coffee. He walked to the balcony and leaned forward to look at the trees. The view was serene, just like his daughter when she was in his arms. He looked back to see his wife sleeping. He gave up fighting his pain and waited for time to heal it. For now, all he could do was stare at the moon.

She walked towards him, her heart filled with pain. She knew if they stopped fighting their pain, they would succumb to depression. If she became weak, she wouldn't be able to give him strength. She looked at him but Kartik refused to look at her and continued to stare outside.

"Kartik, mein jaanti hoon ki yeh humare liye bahut mushkil hein", she said quietly. " Par humme heal karna hoga, Kartik." " Kai..ra.. yeh nahi chahegi ki uske mumma papa ko , uske wajah se dukh ho", she said as tears filled her eyes.

Kartik turned quickly and crushed her into a hug. He cried inconsolably and she let him. She could feel him let go of his pain slowly in her arms. She cried silently while comforting him. She had to be strong, at least for him.