Chapter 3

(A/N): HELLO EVERYONE!Guess who is back with a brand new chapter? That's right! This guy!

Few orders of business first. thank you guys so much for the follows and the likes and the comments! they warm my heart with all the feeling of warmness and fuzziness! It really gives me the support to keep going.

I am really excited for you to read this new chapter! Many of you may be wondering who is on Naruto's new squad. I'm curious to find out myself. hahahhahah! MUHAHAHAHAHAH! ok craziness over.

Just to inform all of you I post things as soon as I am done with them. I'm excited and anxious to get this story out as best and fast as I can so you may enjoy them. I write as much as I can whenever I can. I work long hours sometimes so I write portions of this when half drowsy so if there are some parts that may not make sense. that is because i was just...not there lol.

ok enough rambling from me. ENJOY THE NEXT CHAPTER! Tell your friends about the story.

love you all. Have an amazing week. :)

All was quiet in the dense forest on the edge of the Land of Fire and the Land of Rivers except for barely heard noises of a squad of ninja bounding off the high tree branches making their way back to Konoha. Leading the pack was a long, pink haired ninja wearing a red top.

Sakura Haruno, Choji Akimichi, Shikamaru Nara, Neji Hyuga, and TenTen were returning from a reconnaissance and treaty security mission in the Land of Rivers. Short back story to this was one of the land's lords paid Konoha for a mission and wanted a treaty, got the mission completed, but never signed the treaty. The unspoken agreement between all five ninja was that this was Danzo just flexing his muscle and bullying the people into paying. The man was such a narcissist. Always wanted to "show the strength of Konoha to the world". What a load of crap. Danzo's influence and power was spreading across the land like the wind. He used his position to bully and to force people to do what he wants, more for his benefit than Konoha's. There had been whispers of sever crimes done in Danzo's name but no evidence was ever really found. Rumors are just that, rumors. But all rumors start somewhere.

Only being less than a half day's journey left back to Konoha the group was in no rush to get home. Most of them enjoyed being out of the village. Especially one lazy Nara. Not to escape work but to get away from Danzo, unfortunately they all would have to return. The group was making their own route through the forest, staying off the main roads.

Out of the blue Sakura saw something up ahead. She landed on a large branch and held up her fist in the air to tell the rest to halt their motions. The rest of the group landed on other branches and Shikamaru made his way forward to Sakura's side.

"What is it?" whispered the Nara.

Sakura's green eyes scanned the forest floor beneath them. Movement to her right caught her eye. She pointed in that direction and Shikamaru's gaze followed. Through the trees they saw a group of three figures, covered in a white cloak with a hood.

Both their eyes widened when they saw the figures. After Danzo revealed what he knew to Tsunade and Sakura he did exactly what he said he would and talked to all the jonin, with the specific order if they were to encounter any of those from the organization, they were to follow and obtain as much information as they could. Do not engage. Except if they were with ROOT ANBU, in other words Danzo held his own men in higher regard and actually trusted them unlike the rest of the ninja.

But being the good ninja they were, they had to follow orders. So intelligence gathering they had to do. Shikamaru looked behind him to the rest of the group and silently gave hand signals for everyone to spread out and silently follow the group. They all launched off in different direction keep the trees between them and their targets that were moving slowly north towards Konoha.