Chapter 8

Hey everyone! I know it took me such a long time to get this one up. I am in the middle of basketball season. I am the coach so there is more than just practices and games. I have so much going on. But with the holidays there should be more time for me sit a just write. which I plan to do just for you guys!

Thank you guys so much for the support, you all are amazing! Because of you, this story is much more popular than I could ever have hoped. But lets make it more popular shall we? Tell your friends, family, random strangers, ANYONE! Thank you all so much.

Just a tid bit for you. No mater what is going on in life, life ALWAYS gets better! I promise you, there is NOTHING you cannot handle. You can get through it, and be better because of it!

I love you all!

ENJOY!

THE PREVIOUS DAY IN KONOHA....

Itachi watched carefully as each member was double checking their lists. Konan was helping the large Gozu with his list. The big man could not read things written that small. Now half the battle was finished. Now came the hard part, getting out of the village with some of their most sensitive and precious scrolls. This would deal a severe blow to the village and Danzo. At least they would not be in Danzo's hands anymore.

Itachi led the team to the door. In about five minutes they would either have been seen by the Leaf or well on their way to freedom....

Itachi raised his fist in the air. A patrol was walking by in a few seconds. They needed to wait until they passed. No one spoke as the patrol passed right on the other side of the door. Itachi counted in his head.

Just three more seconds.

The footsteps of the guards passed and Itachi gave the one handed signal. The door burst open and the Blue Flame flew out of the room at top speed. Using the same route they took in, they followed back to the door they entered. Itachi calculated less than ten percent chance of them getting actually caught.

"Someone is coming," muttered Gozu behind Itachi.

Raising his fist, Itachi and the rest of the Blue Flame skidded to a halt at a cross section.

"Where?"

"From the left."

Itachi cursed. That is where they needed to go. The only other was would take them at least half a minute more and being caught by guards. Itachi had no choice. He closed his eyes and gathered chakra.

The footstep of the guard grew louder and louder.

The brash member of the Blue Flame hissed in panic. "Itachi what do we do?"

Itachi did not respond. Instead did... nothing.

"Itachi."

As the guard took a step around the corner, Itachi opened his Mangekyo Sharingan. A simple genjutsu and the guard fell slouching against the wall.

"Couldn't you tell us you were going to do that to him?" Konan asked rolling her eyes.

"Did you kill him?" Blurted out the brash member.

Itachi faced the rest of group as his red eyes faded back into onyx. "Just a slight genjutsu, just to make him sleep. Come on, we have to get out before he is discovered."

Turning heel, Itachi led the Blue Flame to their entrance door. The raven haired Uchiha nodded at Gozu, who at an inhumane speed took the lead right into the closed outer door. The door was flown off its hinges into the wall of the Hokage monument. The Blue Flame flew out and up the Hokage monument. Everyone stuck close together to minimize being caught by anyone.