Chapter 7

SUNDAY

"I ate too many nachos last night," Liam said weakly, holding his stomach.

"So did I," I agreed.

"I don't regret it, but boy, this is kind of painful."

"Yeah, I know the feeling."

Last night, we made a mountain of nachos to feed the group. We had used up all the chips in the pantry, a variety of shredded cheeses, a few jars of salsa, and a truckload of other toppings.

This afternoon, all we could do was lay lazily on the couch as we tried to recover from nacho overdose.

"Chef Lupa would have been proud of our nachos," I remarked, referencing the judgmental chef from the reality show Cooking With Lupa. "They were the perfect balance of chip and toppings."

"Those were definitely the best nachos in the world. We should make them again."

"Yeah," I groaned. "Just give me some time to recover and go to the gym, and I'll be ready for round two."

"Well, Dylan, I must wish you a happy birthday eve," Liam said.

"Thanks. Today's the last day of my Lunar week, too. I can't believe a week's already passed."

"Did...did you enjoy your Lunar week?" Liam asked me softly. "Are you happy about how it turned out?"

"It was everything I wanted, and more," I told him honestly, looking into his eyes.

A rosy tinge appeared on his cheeks, and he looked down, giggling. "Good. This is an important week for you, Dylan. You deserve the best."

"Could say the same for you." I reached out, smoothing a piece of hair that was sticking out of his head. "You're a great friend and an even better person."

Liam thought for a moment. "You know, you told me you were excited for your Lunar week because of that tv show you watched...what was it? Lunar Lush or something?"

"Lavish Lunar."

"Do you think you could show me that show?" Liam asked me hopefully.

"You want to watch Lavish Lunar?" I sat up immediately.

"Yeah, of course! I mean, I have no idea what it's about, but if you like it, it must be good."

I checked my watch. It was only early afternoon, and I supposed we had the time to binge-watch a few episodes before I headed over to training. After that, I had to arrange the final details for my birthday barbecue.

"Sure, I can show you my favourite episode from when I was a kid. I haven't personally watched it in ages, but it's definitely a classic for Alphas."

I rolled off the couch with a grunt, and headed over to grab the remote. Browsing through LycaFlix, I finally found Lavish Lunar. It was a stupid reality show, but pretty entertaining, I had to admit.

"You know, now that I'm watching this 7 years later, I can't believe how corny this was," I laughed, watching a scene where Tanner and his friends were having a clearly scripted argument over a chicken wing.

"He bought a private island, a yacht, and staff members for an entire week? And even paid for all his friends to come, too? And slept with half his friends?"

"Yeah. That's Tanner Leston, the one I admired as a kid. I wanted my Lunar week to be as cool as his back then."

He peered at the young man on the screen. "He looks very much like a Tanner. Is he super famous or something? How does he have all this money? What's he up to now?"