Epilogue

SUNDAY

"Your souls will be reconnected as one," the priestess announced, her voice sounding faint to my ears. She extended her hands towards the sky, mouthing prayers and well-wishes.

To be honest, though, I had hardly registered a single word she said. Throughout the entire ceremony, all I could focus on was my mate. My beautiful, happy, smart, and lovely mate, who could light up everyone's lives with his energy.

I was so lucky to be blessed with someone like him. My best friend, who had been right by my side ever since we were young pups. He was mine, and I was his. We belonged to each other.

"Let us extend a congratulations to the newly mated couple, future Alpha Dylan Marshall, and his future Luna, Liam Marshall."

A thunderous, standing applause arose from everyone in attendance, and the two of us tightly embraced as everyone watched. It felt so right, having him in my arms like this, as I kissed him with all the passion in the world.

I don't ever want to let go. Make this moment last forever.

In my peripheral vision, I could see Liam's parents tearing up as they watched their son get bonded to his soulmate. My own family was just as emotional, dabbing their eyes with tissues and sobbing violently as we turned around to walk back up the aisle together.

"Thank you," I mouthed to my parents as I walked past them, which practically sent my mother over the edge, and she began bawling. My dad wrapped his mate in his arms, and flashed me a big smile, mouthing 'We're so proud of you' back to me.

The spiritual ceremony was officially complete. The next few hours would be filled with festivities to celebrate our union - food, drinking, dancing, toasts, games, and a whole lot of fun for everyone.

But the best time would be after all the festivities died down, when we stepped into our personalized cottage located deep in the middle of the woods. Its magical werewolf enchantments would conceal its location from everyone else, aside from us two.

There, we would have all the privacy in the world, and I could show him how much I truly loved him.

-

We took our time to thank all of the people for coming. Our ceremony had been relatively small, consisting of only our pack, and a couple of close friends, Zach and Janie included.

"So, Mr. and Mr. Marshall," Mikaela said. She looked absolutely stunning in her sparkly and silver gown. "How lovely to see the new couple. How does it feel to be mated for ten minutes?"

"Overwhelming," Liam laughed. "Thank you so much, Mikaela, for being a part of my mating ceremony party. You looked absolutely beautiful up there."

"Not as dashing as the mating couple," she said. "And it was my pleasure, Liam, being a ceremony attendant to one of my best friends."

She and Liam hugged for a few seconds, and I tried not to yank them apart. My Alpha hormones had been jumping all over since the priestess announced us as officially mated, which made me rather, ah, irrational when it came to Liam.

"Alright, you two, ten seconds have already passed," I said rigidly.

She raised her hands in a surrendering motion. "Whoa, there, Dylan. I promise I wasn't trying to steal your man. He's all yours."

"Damn right, he is," I said, but my tone was light.

"Look, my parents are just over there! I wanna say hi to them." Liam dashed off, leaving me with Mikaela for a brief moment.