Chapter 1: Another Day in the Life of A Jedi

Waking up is so much harder when Anakin isn't sleeping next to you. You have been married for 2 years, and living your life as secret lovers hasn't gotten any easier. In fact, it gets harder by the day. You can't believe that you both still write cute little notes to each other when you are not together. His notes always make your heart skip a beat and make you yearn for his affection.

You arrived back at the temple last night after conducting peace negotiations on a planet with a name so long that you can't even say it in one breath. The council will be expecting a full report this morning on your efforts.

As you walked to the Jedi Council chambers, all you could think about was Anakin. Being on the council had its perks, because you always knew where Anakin was sent on missions. He was currently on a very important mission to rescue the Chancellor, who had been captured by Count Dooku and General Grievous. Hopefully he will be back soon, in one piece.

You entered the council chambers and everyone turned to look at you as you sat down in your seat. The energy in the room was different. Tense.

Master Windu cleared his throat.

"Before we begin, I would like to point out that a few masters will not be joining us today, because they currently are on missions and cannot be present via hologram."

You took notice that Obi-Wan's chair was empty. Him and Anakin must be in pursuit of the chancellor.

"I will make sure every master that is not present at this meeting will be filled in on everything that occurs at this meeting."

Master Windu's eyes were focused on you. What is going on?

He sighed. "(Y/N), as you know, we've had to increase security measures at the temple as of late, because we feel a traitor is amongst us. We have instructed the cleaning droids to bring us anything that is suspicious or violates the code in any way. While you were away on your mission, the cleaning droid found this as they were cleaning your quarters."

He pulled an unfinished letter out of his robes. A letter that you were going to send to Anakin when you returned from your mission.

The blood drained from your face.

Master Windu's eyes had not left you. He looked angry, shocked, and disappointed.

"The contents of this letter make it an apparent that it's a love letter, but to whom? Who is Jax?"