0.7

"I've had a grand idea!"

  Dionysus approaches the center of the arena that was filled to the brim with antsy half-bloods, his chest puffed as he held his head high. "Unless Thalia's tree can be cured.. the protective barrier around our camp restored.. then every demi-god, centaur, satyr and nymph  will be killed within days if not soon."

  Tyson turns towards his brother, a pair of black shades masking his embarrassing feature, "hey.. you okay? Where's Cassia?"

  "I-I don't know." Murmurs the son of Poseidon, his eyebrows furrowed as he realizes how his crush hadn't shown her face since the last time they talked this afternoon. "I'm sure she's around."

  "Don't worry, camp will be okay." The nymph reassures softly, "you gotta have faith, right?"

  Percy offers a simple nod, his gut swarming with unease as the memories of the raspy-voiced woman foretelling Cassia and his prophecy rings in the back of his mind. Would this be about them?

  "Fortunately I have considered the matter-" The bearded man continues, scanning the crowd, "and after great study I have determined the only thing that has the power to save Thalia's tree and our home.. is the Golden Fleece." Mr. D points his finger up at a recreation of the cloth that was strung down abruptly.

  Annabeth gasps, irked that the god had stolen her idea that he so rudely declined. "What?!"

  "Who's touch-" the bogus man gazes at his palm, words of his speech scribbled on his skin, "can heal every person and every thing."
The blonde daughter of Athena rolls her eyes, an irritated sigh escaping her lips as she thought of the arguments her and the brunette pitched in order to convince Mr. D of the necessity of the fleece. "So then a quest, a mission of mercy if you will.. into uncharted and deadly waters. With nothing less at stake than our survival." He pauses, glancing around quickly to meet the narrowed gaze of a certain huntress who hung amidst the background, fading in, but nonetheless haunted the god with her deadly stare.

  "Now, a satyr is naturally drawn, as you know, to the power of the fleece; therefor it must be a satyr who will guide a half-blood on this quest-" the drunken man's sleepy eyes meet Grover and Annabeth, the darker skinned boy glaring at his friend:
"Thanks a lot!"

  "Ichneutae!" Dionysus points to a muscular boy, muscles aligning his arms and a cocky demeanor etches itself onto his punchable face, "will you lead the champion?!"

  The brute satyr stands up, a smirk on his thin lips, "oh yeah!"

  "Great!" Cheers the older man, "that's great!"

  Amongst the cheers, Grover lets out a relieved sigh, applauding the older satyr who would risk his life instead of his. As Ichneutae takes a seat, Mr. D continues, "as to who that champion might be... our plight calls for our finest hero... the best of us... the strongest... the bravest-"
Cassia focuses her gaze on her future husband, a proud grin finding its way onto her full lips as his description must be of Percy. Although she didn't like the idea of her lover going off to uncharted territory to risk his life for the camp, she felt triumphant, pleased; that she'd be married to such a strong man who'd once again save the half-bloods. "The scion of the God of War!" The brunette's lips immediately downturn, a nasty scowl in its place at Dionysus's words, "Clarisse!"

  The crowd erupts in grateful cheers, loud and proud as the prissy brunette stands to her feet, a smile upturning her features as she clenches here fists in victory, "yes!"

  Cassia frowns as Percy's face drops immensely, the girl noticing his confidence taking a hurtful plunge at the decision. The girl felt angry, her teeth clamping down on her bottom lip to the point where she tasted copper, her fists clenched and her boots digging harshly into the leaves. She wishes she could waltz right over and knock the arrogance right off of Clarisse's face, maybe bruising her ego to the point where she'd give up her position and allow its rightful owner to take her place. But, she knew Mr. D wouldn't let up; the whole camp and their human parents loved Clarisse.. why? Cassia had no clue. Maybe she and her friends were the only ones who could see right through her goody-two-shoes mask, who knows? But, what she did know was that the older man was going to hear a piece of her mind, the girl would get the last word whether he liked it or not.

  "The cursed blade shall real reap-" The son of Poseidon clicks the pen, watching as a golden blade emerges, "the cursed blade shall reap."

  Light footsteps could be heard from behind him, trailing up to the boy slowly as he continues to study the trident marking on his blade, gears seeming to be turning up inside his brain, a plan trying to deviate from his jumbled thoughts. Cassia watches on with a frown, her features giving away that she felt sympathetic for Percy who sat away in the dark forest, keeping to himself.

  "Quoting the dead lady there, Perc?" The brunette speaks up her tone humorous as she takes a seat beside the anxious demi-god.

  "Hey-" his eyes seem to light up at the mere sight of her, the tight feeling in his chest subsiding slightly, "missed you at the meeting earlier."

  "Oh, I was there-" she retorts somberly, the thought of Clarisse's ego inflating even further leaving a fiery depth in her gut, "just in time to hear the great news too."

  "Yeah." Percy breaths, obvious distress in his tone.

  "That stupid old drunk." Spats the brunette, shaking her head, "I would pick that dead lady over Clarisse any day." She pauses, grasping Percy's hand, "I'm sorry, Perc. It should've been you."

  He squeezes her palm gratefully, "hey, it's alright... I'm alright."

  "I doubt it, Jackson." Retorts Cassia, "I can see you're upset about something... whether it be about Clarisse or that damn prophecy, you're ticking inside."

  "Is it that obvious?"

  She chuckles, smiling softly, "only to me."

  Percy glances up at his crush, a soft look embedded in his colored eyes as he thought of the prophecy one again. Although he were more occupied with the blade and the saving the world aspect, right now all his mind could display was their possible future together; of how madly in love he is with the daughter of Artemis. It pulled his thoughts from their darkest depths, shining a light on them and revealing a beautiful scene that had his heart racing a mile a minute. He didn't know how to describe this feeling, upmost content; it was like rain after a long drought, of ice cream on a hot day, of sunshine after a week of gloom. She is all those things combined, setting off an alarm in the boy's heart, alerting him that this it what it feels like to love someone. But, did she feel the same? That's what's been keeping Percy from revealing his true feelings, the thought of rejection, the hurt he'd go through if his best friend didn't reciprocate the love.

  "You're gonna ware yourself thin by all that thinking-" Cassia starts, "go get some sleep, Perc. It's been a long day."

  He sighs, again turning towards the golden weapon in his hand, "you go ahead, Cass. I think I just need some time alone to think."

  Cassia smiles slightly, getting up and placing a soft kiss to his cheek before speaking, "don't be out too late, okay?"

  With that, Percy is left in his own thoughts; ones that still swarm with millions of questions, mostly all of them about what that prophecy could possibly mean.