Chapter 9

Lena and the twins grabbed the four young ducklings as Donald got taken by the shadows.

"Listen up, I know how I can change them back and defeat Magica. But I need your help."

"We're with you all the way sis!" Aziri said, putting a comforting hand on her little sister's shoulder.

"You can count on us, " Webby exclaimed.

"So, what's the plan? " Louie asked.

"We use this," Lena spoke pulling out the crystal fire feather necklace. "Everytime I believe or say something true about my newfound family, this crystal fire feather glows. For our trapped parents, I need you to distract them but keep them apart. I will set them free with the crystal. You let the newly released family members in on the plan."

"Let's do this. Ahhhhhh! "

Lena grabbed the necklace in one hand, and raced to one of the possessed adult ducks.

"My family is here for me, "Lena said as the necklace began to glow with a brilliant blue light. "My family loves me. " She touched Mrs. Beakley, and blue light surrounded her. Her soul returned and Beakley stumbled as she spoke.

"I'm back!" Beakley cried out.

"Webby now!" Lena yelled as she raced after Della, side stepping around a possessed Uncle Donald. "My family protects me!" Lena continued, the crystal necklace's glow was growing stronger. She touched Della, and her soul returned, leaving her a bit dazed. "Dewey, you're up."

"Aye aye captain! " Dewey cried out, and ran to inform his mother.

"My family believes in me!" Lena screamed as possessed Donald came running towards her. She touched him, and his soul returned.

"Oh, my head!" Donald groaned.

"No! Nooooo! You insolent bratt! You will pay for that!" Magica yelled in frustration. "Scooge, after her! " Lena gulped, terrified, but knew she had to go on.

"Family is important, and... Ahhh!" Lena yelled dodging a possessed Scrooge McDuck. She heard a familiar groan, and looked up. Firith stood wobbly at the top of the waterfall and prepared to pounce on Magica.

"I LOVE MY FAMILY! " Lena screeched. She held the necklace away from her as the blue light became blinding. The heart Magica had stolen copied the glow, and rose up in the air. Lena touched a blinded Scrooge, just as Firith pounced on Magica, and her new mom grabbed the glowing crystal heart.

"Nooooooooo!" Magica cried out. The shadows were returned to their realm and the entrances to the duck world were sealed off. Firith arose in flames, as a phoenix reborn.

"Magica De Spell, you have taken this too far. As punishment for enlaving my family and hurting my little darling Lena, I hear by banish you to the nightmare dimension. I believe you find it... terrifying!" Magica gave one last scream before disappearing for the last time.