Ch 4: Helpers

12:25 p.m.

"Is you dead BITCH?" I'm jolted awake by Hannah.
"I think she is..." I feel a body snuggle up next to me. And all I see is long blonde hair.
"Hi, Tay," I mudder. The blondies head whips up and bright blue eyes meet mine.
"You are awake!" She squeals and rests her head on my chest.
"How are you feeling?" Hannah says while brushing my hair with her fingers.
"I'm fine," I like, but I dont want to worry them, "how did you know I was here?"
"We heard Ateez talk about you. You be famous hoetato chip!" Tay responds.
"Wait! Really!" I exclaim in a shooketh manner.
"Yep," responds Hannah. "So what happened?"
"I had a headache while in dance and fell because of it"
"My child! My poor child! I wish much recovery" responds Tay.
BANG! We all jump as the door if slammed open and males flood the room.
"I brought you lunch," the male in front says.
"Hey San" Hannah says.
"And a fuck ton of people with you as well," I comment.
"Language," a white haired Hongjoong barks.
"Leave her be," Mingi scolded Hongjoong.
"How are you feeling?" Wooyoung asks.
"I'm fine," I respond.
San motion's for Tay to get off me and after he does he sets down a tray mumbling what sounds like "That's what someone who isn't fine would say"
"Hmmm? What did you say?" I asked.
"Nothing. I got you a fruit salad, chicken ,and mashed potatos." San replied.
"Thank you" I reply. "Why'd the rest of you come?"
"Woosan," Wooyoung answers walking over to give San a hard slap on the butt and cause San to grunt and give a friendly glare at him.
"I wanted to make sure you were fine." Seonghwa responded.
"I saw everyone else go, so I went along with," Yeosang replied.
"I have to make sure they dont do anything stupid," Hongjoong adds in.
"You should start eating. You need the energy to heal" instructed the mother of the group.
"Ok" I respond and start chowing down. I wasn't very hungry but I still ate. I listened to everyone talk amongst themselves and I sat and thought. The bell rang and Ateez left with a few goodbyes and so did Tay and Hannah.

3:15 p.m.

I left the nurses office and made my out of school and decided to walk so I could stop at the convenience store and as I walked I heard the sound of frantic footsteps. They got louder and louder.
"(F/NNNNNN)!" San screamed. And I sighed. He stopped next to me and started huffing and puffing. "You said you'd let me walk you home."
"I didn't feel like waiting and I said half way there."
"Welp. I'm here to walk you." He eye smiled at me.
"I'm going to stop off at the convenient store first though."
"That's fine with me"

We finally make it to the store and I walk in and grab some painkillers and numbing cream along with some band aids and other medical supplies.

"Do you really need all this medical stuff? Also are you feeling better?" San asks looking at me concerned.
"Its to restock the first aid in the house. It's been a while since we last did that. Also I'm fine." I respond.
"Are you sure your bruises are huge?"
He brings his hand up to gently glide his thumb over the goose egg on my head.
"Dont touch," I grit through my teeth as I pull my head back and slap his hand away. He pulls his hand to his chest and subconsciously flinch, expecting a slap back.
His dark eyes soften and responds with "I'm sorry."
My eyes slightly widen at the fact he apologized for a boy has never apologized for something they've done to me. My brain goes into automatic protection mode 'he is trying to play with me' "Yea, whatever," I respond and walk to the register and pay. He follows me out to the sidewalk. His eyes always on me like he's trying to pick me apart and figure me out. He then grabs my shoulder and moves me to the other side of the road.
"Why?" I look at him.
"You were getting to close to the street"
I realised how close I was actually getting, "I dont need you to watch out to me" I scoff and continue on my way. "This is my street, I can go the rest of the way."
"Ok then I'll see you soon," San responds. I walk away and he turns the opposite way. I wait til he is out of sight then continue to my house.

San POV

I walk and turn a corner and wait... I turn and quickly but quietly follow my steps. I hide behind a wall and watch the (h/c) girl make her way to what I assume her house. She sits in the drive way staring at the house in regret, disgust, and agony? I think that what her eyes portray. Her limbs start to shake slightly and she makes her way inside. Somethings wrong with her but I dont know what. I want to befriend her but I dont know how. We have been to the same school since 5th grade and I've noticed, after freshman year, she refuses to put her guard down. I dont know why, but I dont want her to overload herself. Whether it be mentally or physically. She needs help but I don't know how to give it.