Ch 9: Caught

I come out of the pool soaked and furious. Tay, Hannah, and Wooyoung are dieing laughing.
"IM GOING TO MURDER YOU ALL!" I scream and run after them. Tay and Hannah bolt, but Wooyoung couldn't escape fast enough.  I take him to the ground and put him in a head lock and pinch his under arms. He's screaming and San rushes over to pull me off. Hongjoong is on the floor laughing. And choas ensues. About 15 minutes later I'm sweaty and drenched.
"We should get you a change of clothes," San says.
"I'll be fine," I respond.
"But you'll catch a cold," San walks me inside and up to the 3rd floor. He takes me in a room. It's red and black themed. He goes to the dresser and pulls out black joggers and to the closet and pulls out a black long sleeve. "Put these on. I'll be downstairs. " San says then leaves.
I start to undress. I'm putting on the pants and tieing the drawstring while mentally thanking San for choosing long sleeves and pants. I reach to grab my shirt when the door is opened.
"San told me to bring up a bag to put your... what the fuck happened to your back," Yeosang freaks out. I quickly try to shove the shirt on but he stops me. "Sit down." He commands. I'm sitting in just joggers and bralette but he seems to not care. He grabs his phone and dials a number.
"What are you doing? Please don't tell anyone," I ask him. Starting to freak out.
"I'm getting Seonghwa and Hongjoong." He says
"Yeosang?" A voice calls from the phone.
"Come up to San's room now. Bring Hongjoong," Yeosang commands. His tone deep and serious.
"On it. Hongjoong," the line cuts. My breathing speeds up and it feels like i can't fill my lungs. Yeosang seems to notice.
"It's ok. Breath with me." Yeosangs voice becomes soft as he crouches in front of me. He puts my hand on his chest and exaggerates his breathing for me to match. The door slams open and I jump.
"What's wrong," Seonghwa asks, "why the fuck do you have (f/n) without a shirt on the ground."
"Shut the fuck up," Yeosang growls. He then pulls me in his lap and starts shushing me and trying to lull me from my panicked state. "Look at her back."
"What the fuck happened?" A whispered voice comes. "Hongjoong, go get the first aid kit," rush footsteps move away. Seonghwa picks up my head, "sweetie, what happened?"
My mind in a fog releases info I would normally not share, "my dad."
Seonghwa's eyes darken, "what does he do? It's fine if you don't want to say,"
"He beats me, cuts me, locks me in dog cages."
"You don't need to go on," Seonghwa stops me. I can hear Yeosang grit his teeth. Hongjoong comes in and lays the stuff next to Seonghwa. The door opens again.
"What's taking so long?" San's voice fades out. The room goes dead quiet.
Wooyoung pops behind him, "I tried to keep him away, Hongjoong." Wooyoung frantically explains.
San crouches next to me and stares at my back.
"I need to clean her up," Seonghwa says. Wooyoung catches a glimpse of my back and gasps covering his mouth and his eyes becoming watery.
"Come here," San opens his arms to me. He grabs under my armpits and pulls me onto his lap. My mind is so dissociated, I can barely function. He situates me so I'm straddling him and he rests my head on his shoulder and my arms wrapped around his torso. "It's ok." He whispers while stroking my head. Seonghwa grabs a cotton pad with alchohol.
"This may hurt," Seonghwa whispers. But what ends up happening hurts the people in the room more. As he dabs alcohol on my back, I don't flinch, move or whimper.
All I mumble is "I've felt worse." San's breath hitches. Seonghwa has to stop and look away, his own breath shorting at the knowledge of what the phrase could mean. Wooyoung let's out a silent cry and has to leave the room and Yeosang follows. And Hongjoong buries his face in his hands. Seonghwa continues to work. Applying ointments and gauze to my back.
"What happened?" San demands.
"Her dad," Seonghwa whispers.
The atmosphere is so dark and intense. One thing everyone knows is to not get Choi San mad, and one man pissed him the fuck off.