Ch 10: Safe

As I regained consciousness, all I felt was fluffy blankets wrap around my body. I snuggled in tighter to them as I proceeded to make these sleepy squeak yawn things. My (h/c) hair was all that was visible. I went to lay on my back until it put pressed on my wounds. I quickly but carefully went back on my side with a whine. The sound of a door opening met my ears and I quickly shot up.
Instinctively, the first words that came out of my mouth was, "I'm sorry breakfast isn't done yet. I slept in..." my panicked words were cut short when I met eyes with Hongjoong. The curtain casting a dim light throughout the room. I look down, "I'm sorry." I whisper.
He looks at me with sad eyes. "There's nothing to be sorry about (y/n)."
"Where am I?" I recognize the room but can name it.
"San's room," I glance around at the red and black room.
"Where is he?"
"He left the house at 1 this morning. No one knows where he went. He probably went to let off steam, he was livid went he found out what happened." Hongjoong explains.
"Hmm." Is all I respond with. "What are you going to do with me?"
"You're not gonna go back with your father, that isn't happening. You're almost 18 so you should be fine for now."
Some thumps are heard down stares.
"Where the fuck did you get all those bags?" We hear Mingi yell.
"SAN'S BACK!" Yunho yells up stairs.
"(Y/N) IS AWAKE," Hongjoong shouts down stairs.
Thumps are heard and it sounds like stuff being dragged across the ground.
"Let me help," It sounds like Wooyoung says.
Soon enough, all of ATEEZ is in San's room. And there's about 8 new bags in the room. That's when I recognize.
"Why do you have my bags?!" I yell.
"Those are yours?" Yeosang asks.
"What?" Jongho questions.
"Because you're not gonna live in that house anymore," San responded. "I grabbed anything in that house I felt you would value, your clothes, and..." he reaches in one of the bags to pull out a folder and open it to reveal, "...your birth certificate and social security card!" He smiles at his job like a happy dog proud of his work.
"How?" Was all I could ask.
"You had your keys on you, I went to your house, which I knew because of the day I walked you home, and grabbed as much as I could." San responded.
"Damn," Yunho says.
"We should give them some time," Seonghwa whispers and ATEEZ filters out besides San.
San walked over and sat on the bed. He opened his hand to me and waited.  That's when I realized he was waiting for me. It was a silent promise. He wouldn't force me into anything. He would let me work on my own accord, he would wait for me to be ready. I laid my hand in his and his fingers wrapped around it.
Tears ran from my eyes. Tears of joy. As the same did in his. The dim light showing pure emotions. I love you meant nothing to me anymore. But happiness filled me when he said three words...
.
.
.
.
.
"You're safe now."