Ch 5: Little Joys of Life

I creep to my room and sort of just sit there. Silence and darkness surrounding me. My bag dropped next to my bed. Episodes like these come around, where I sit and self reflect in a negative way. I think of ways I deserve all the abuse that comes to me. I don't want to but it's easy to fall in this hole. Tears slowly streak down my face and I curl up in a ball on my bed.

Sometime At Night

CRASH!

I jolt up awake and am met with a raging alcoholic in my room. He grabs a fistful of my hair and drags me down stairs. My hands and feet scramble to keep from ruining my shins on the way down. I'm then thrown on a glass ridden floor cutting my back and legs.
"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN UP WHEN YOU GET HOME FROM SCHOOL, BITCH"
"I'm sorry, father"
"SORRIES DONT CLEAN THE FUCKING HOUSE" he grabs my (h/c) hair and drags me in to the guest bedroom and proceeds to throw my in a dusty, metal dog cage and locks the door to it. He leaves and I'm enclosed in the dark. My body folded awkwardly and bleeding. I whimper and cry. A weight slams into my chest and my head starts to pound. I shake and try to kick open the gate and become so frantic in my attempts. I lose my breath and I fall out of conciousness.

Sometime

It's completely dark and I don't know how long I've been in the cage for but my joints are stiff and my blood feels crusty against my skin. Light floods the room and a silhouette of a man comes forward. He unlocks the cage and drags me out into a hug.
"I'm sorry sweetie, you just need to learn your lesson" he says and all I can respond with is a whimper. He let's me go and walks away. I get up and move my way through the house on shaky legs. I find out it's 4 p.m. the following day. I go up stairs and clean my wounds. My back looks like a couch a cat got at scratching and I had more bruises. I silently screamed as I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol. I crawled into bed and passed out from exhaustion.

5:30 a.m.

I'm already out of the house. Not wanting to be in the same place as him. I walk to school while listening to my Halestorm and Evanescence playlist. I get to school at about 6:15 a.m. and make my way to the gym. (The school opens early for the kids whose parents have to be in work early). I set my bags down and help the lunch crew set up tables for anyone who wants breakfast. Many people complain about their lunch staff, but the ones here are so friendly and make amazing food. Because of my help, I am treated to a free plate of food. I sit and eat the fluffy blueberry pancakes and drink the milk I got. I wake up out of my zombie consciousness when I hear

"(F/n), good morning" Tay says gently while stroking my hair. She has a beautiful ability of knowing bad days.
"Where were you yesterday?" Hannah asks while sitting in front of me. She reaches forward and plays with my long black sleeve. I grab her hand and glide my thumb over the slightly tanned surface.
"I took the day off to recover from my injuries" I explain, "I'm feeling better now."
"That's good," Hannah replies.
"Hey, since today is Friday, their's a party happening tonight. Wanna come?" Tay asks. My eyes glint in excitement. Though not being very social, I actually love parties and seem to always have fun and not to mention my father leaves this weekend to see my mom back at where she is stationed for work. "They have a DJ as well" and that confirms it.
"Of course" I say. One of my favorite things is dancing, I take a while at learning choreography but if you want me to free style. I got chu.
"I've got a jumpsuit, I think would look real nice on you."
"Really? I'd gladly wear it Tay."
"Sounds like a plan. I'll wait for both of you at the gate after school and we will walk to my place" Hannah instructs.
The bell rings and we all head off in different directions. I get to class right before the last bell. I sit at my seat and see San sit next to me. 'Damn hes going to ask me all these questions'. But before he could even open his mouth the teacher comes in and starts the lesson. The class goes by with me trying to focused while San impatiently taps his foot on the ground. I continue on and catch Wooyoung stealing glances at me. The lesson end and I pack my stuff and leave as the bell rings. I know this next class I won't be able to get away from ignoring any of Ateez, but what takes me by surprise is when I'm yanked back by the back loop of my black straight cut jeans. I wheeze as I'm stopped in my tracks and San pops up next to me and Wooyoung next to him.
"Where were you yesterday?" San asks.
"Recovering" I say.
"That's good to here. Are you sure you can dance today?" San asks.
"I should be fine," I respond. Though I still ached all over, I was growing used to it. It would be difficult to dance but I could manage. We get there and as I'm about to dance, the most restrictive person in my life had to stop me.
"You're not participating today," Seonghwa instructs while crossing his arms.
"San told us you are trying to dance while still recovering and in pain," Hongjoong adds.
I whip my head at San who is literally standing with Jongho, Mingi and Yunho looking at everything but me while whistling and Yeosang and Wooyoung are cackling in the corner. I take off my dance shoe and throw it at his head. He falls with the collision and all of Ateez falls to the ground laughing. I giggle with them. But they are dying.
"WTF! THATS MEAN!" San yells caressing his head.
"You shouldnt throw things at people," Hongjoong scolds.
"AGAIN!" Wooyoung screams.
Chaos further develops and everything falls apart. As things calm down. We all settle sitting on the ground. 'Why am I so comfortable with them?' I wonder but am broken from my thoughts by a...
"You coming to the party tonight?" Mingi asks swooping his hair from his face.
"Yea. Probably," I respond, "What about you guys?"
"Of course we are," Wooyoung states. And the bell rings. We all jerk our heads up and realize the time. "We will see you there." Wooyoung yells while running off to get to 3rd period followed be the rest of us.