Chapter 7 [Harry's POV]

I have been in New York for 4 days, and I'm ready to go back home. I did not want to go on this business trip - vacation - whatever you want to call it. I was obligated to attend a fashion show that I couldn't give two shits about, everyone around me was calling it a "time for me to relax" or a "small vacation". They were full of shit, they weren't the ones that had to feed everyone's ego, they get to sit in the background while I have to "mingle" with everyone. It definitely wasn't a time to relax or any sort of vacation, it was work. The only place I wanted to be was back at home. In Los Angeles. Working on my projects. With her. Her?

"Come on, Harry! We can't be late!" Linzey called out to me on the other side of my hotel bedroom door. I had been ready for almost an hour, but my thoughts had seemed to have passed the time quickly.

As I laid on the bed looking up at the ceiling, I thought to myself, Her? I don't care anything about her. She's just an employee who happens to be remotely attractive. When I first saw her out by the pool, I immediately was attracted to her, but I'm attracted to a lot of women. She's no different.

Pulling myself up from the bed, I looked over my appearance one last time. I noticed my knuckles were red. Unknowingly, I had been clenching my fists. Her?, I thought.

Pushing the thought away, I opened the door to come face to face with a furious Linzey. She could be as intimidating as I, sometimes. I laughed to myself and patted her on the shoulder as I passed by her. She immediately followed.

The show was fairly dull. Same outfit after same outfit. There were some I liked and some that was repulsive. I boosted everyone's egos that came up to me. I like attending these shows occasionally, but all I could think about was getting out of there as quick as I could so I could catch my flight back to LA.

I woke up when we touched down at LAX. It was 6 a.m. and I was ready to crawl into my bed. The drive seemed to take forever, but in all reality it took 15 minutes.

I pulled myself from the black car and instructed the driver I'd send someone out to get the luggage. Neither Linzey nor myself had the energy to tote the bags in, so I paid the driver a generous tip and I went inside and told Jamie to get the bags. He did as he was told and I went upstairs.

I peeked inside the rooms, no one had made it to work yet, except for an intern named Alex. He basically lived here, which was fine, the more work that got done the better. I was hoping that she'd..... shaking the thought away, I went into my bedroom. Stripped my clothes off and threw myself into MY bed. Oh, it felt so good to be home. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I woke up to a faint knocking at my door. It was soft, but it seemed to radiate through my room. "WHAT??!! COME IN!!" I screamed. Everything was a blur. Turning over, I seen the clock read 6:30 p.m. "Fuck." I whispered to myself. I couldn't believe I had slept that long. I actually can't remember the last time I had slept for 12 hours straight. My body was aching from it. Rubbing my eyes, I turned back around to see who had been knocking on my door.

I seen her standing there, a blurry figure, but I knew it was her. I knew that voice. My eyes hadn't focused yet from my previous comatose state. "Hey" I said. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I thought it was Linzey or Jamie or someone." I apologized to her.

"Oh, it's okay. I just wanted to see if you were okay. No one has seen you around the house today. I just wanted to check on ya." she said softly, almost like I was going to yell at her again. I wanted to laugh to myself, but I didn't want to make her feel that much more uncomfortable.

"It's okay. I need to get up. I haven't had that much sleep since I've been gone so I guess I'm catching up on it now." I said running my fingers through my hair. "Come sit down."

Surprisingly, she did as I asked. I thought she'd make up some excuse to leave, but she didn't. What was it about this girl? She looked good today too. I watched her as she made her way over to my bed. MY bed. I'd like to get her in this bed... only we wouldn't be sleeping this time. She was wearing a short colorful dress with her hair, messy, on top of her head. She looked a hell of a lot better than what the girls were wearing at that fashion show I just came from.

"Harry, I want to ask you something." she said, bringing me back to reality. "Okay." I said.

"What did you mean the other night before you left?" she asked. FUCK! I had forgotten about that. I didn't mean anything by it. Did I?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, knowing exactly what she was talking about. She quickly refreshed my memory. I did the only thing I knew to do at the moment. Deny. Deny. Deny.

"Oh, I was just kidding around with you. I didn't mean anything by it." I said. Did I mean anything by it? The look on her face seemed like she wanted, what I had said, to have meaning.

I felt so bad for lying straight to her face. She looked so sad and innocent. I had to make it up to her, somehow. "Well, I'm going to go finish up my work and head home. I'm glad you made it home safe." she said as she made her way to the door.

"Okay. Thanks Brittany." That was the only thing that came out of my mouth before she shut the door behind her. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling for a while, until a thought came to me.

Throwing myself out of bed, I threw on a shirt and some pants. Ran my fingers through my hair and made my way out of the bedroom. I looked in her work room and she wasn't there. Alex was though. Waving at him, I ran downstairs and looked around. She wasn't in the kitchen, the studio, the living room. Looking outside by the pool, there she was, sitting with the girls.

I yelled for her to come inside to the living room. She looked at me and made her way over. Why was my heart beating this fast? My heart doesn't beat this fast when I play for sold out shows. This is one person not thousands.

"Hey." she said stepping through the sliding glass door, closing it behind her.

"Hey" I said to her.

"What's up?" she asked as she leaned against the glass.

"Umm... Do you have plans tomorrow night?" I asked. I wanted to take back my words immediately. Does she have plans? I could've thought of a better way to ask. I'm an idiot.

"Why do you ask?" she replied.

"I have to attend this event and I need someone to accompany me." I said quickly. She didn't answer. She was silent. So I continued, "So I thought I'd ask to see if you wanted to be that person."

She looked at me like she could see right through me. Maybe she could. Maybe that's why I was so confused when it came to her. Because she seen through it all.

"Tell me what you meant the other night before you left for New York." she said.

"I did. I told you I didn't mean anything by it. I was just kidding around." I felt myself getting real defensive and slightly angry.

"Well, I'm sorry I already have plans for tomorrow night then." she said. I watched her as she turned around and headed back towards the girls at the end of the pool. What just happened?