Chapter 16

We laid in the back of Harry's truck for quite awhile. Mostly in silence with the occasional remark about the eclipse. I didn't want this moment to end, just being in his company made everything that I have felt in the past 3 weeks vanish. I took in every moment. His arm was touching mine and when he would move it, he would place it closer than before. I could dwell on what all he had done wrong in the past, but right now those faults weren't at all important. What was important was that he was laying beside me, as innocent as it seemed.

"Hey you guys. What's going on here?" Michael said making us both jump up like we got caught doing something we weren't supposed to be doing. I heard everyone talking among themselves now. I guess I was so deep into our own bubble I drowned everything else out.

Harry jumped out of the truck and I stood up to do the same. He put out his hand to help me out as well. I turned around after I jumped out and Michael shot me a wink. I tried to fight the smile that I felt appearing upon my face but I couldn't win that battle.

Turning to face Harry, I said, "Well thank you for keeping me company. It was good to see you again." I turned on my heels to walk off before he could say anything. Everything felt so perfect I just wanted to leave it as it was and not ruin it. I was almost to Linzey's car when I felt that familiar hand land on my shoulder again.

"Brittany." I turned around to face him. "Do you wanna go talk or something?" he asked. I wanted to jump up and down, scream and shout, but I refrained from doing that. Surprisingly, I just nodded in agreement and followed him back to his truck.

"Britt? Where are you going!?" Linzey yelled out to me before I climbed in the truck. I shrugged my shoulders and she shot me a big smile and I closed the door.

Harry started the engine and we pulled out of the parking lot. "So... where do you wanna go?" he asked. I told him that I didn't care and he laughed to himself and kept driving. I caught myself stealing glances at him as he focused on the moving highway in front of us. His profile would make sculptors jealous. He was such a beautiful man.

Smiling to my silly thoughts, his voice brought me back to reality. "What are you smiling at?" he asked.

"Nothing. I wasn't smiling." I said quickly. We both knew I was but I was just being stubborn.

Cutting off the engine I noticed we were sitting across the street from mine and Linzey's house. "If I knew you were just going to take me back to my house I'd rode with Linzey." I said shaking my head.

"Well I wanted to talk and you said you didn't care where we went. So... this way at least I know you made it home okay." he said. I looked around as he talked and noticed Linz wasn't home yet.

"Well, would you like to come in?" I asked. He looked at me puzzled.

"I thought we could just talk in here."

"In here? Okay. Or you could come inside." I said back to him. I didn't want to push him, I was just glad he was talking to me.

"We can talk in here. Linz might not want me in her house." he replied.

"It's my house too." I whispered under my breath. Then I thought she might not want him in there. She gives all of her energy to keeping up with his life that her house is one of the only things she has to herself. "The truck is fine." I said quickly.

"So what have you been doing?" he asked as he situated himself more comfortably in his seat. I explained that I spent most of my time working at the bar. I told him about Madi. "Well it seems that everything worked out then." he said as he messed with the steering wheel in front of him.