Chapter 12

Picking up the brightly lit phone from the dresser beside my bed, I noticed through the fuzzy glaze my eyes had grown accustomed to that he was calling once again. I haven't talked to him since that night and I had no intention on doing so if I could keep from it. It has been a roller coaster ride with him ever since I stepped foot into his house to be interviewed. Hitting the silent button for the millionth time, I decided just to turn my phone off. Tears fell down my face as I pulled the blanket over my head, thinking it would block out the pain I felt, but it didn't work. As far as I knew he had been home for a couple of days from Miami. The day after I got back, I went over to his house and grabbed my laptop that I was working on and brought it back to my apartment. That way I could work and not be forced to see him. I thought it was a win-win situation, but I was wrong. I haven't gotten any work done and all I've done is lay in my bed, eat, and cry. That's all I felt like doing since that night in the hotel and I've accomplished that greatly.

I had more than enough time to think. My thoughts had become quite the unwelcomed guest. I tried to sleep, but when I slept, I dreamt, and most of the time it was about him. We weren't a couple. I knew that. But when he said what he did in the hotel, he let me know where I stood with him, and it felt like I could die.

____

"Yeah, honey. Who am I?" I said stepping back from him to stand beside Linzey. Who was this skinny, bleach blonde, spray tanned bimbo? And why was she calling him honey? I thought to myself.

He looked from me to Plastic Surgery Barbie and said, "This is Brittany. She works for me." This was true. I did work FOR him. But it seemed like what happened 20 minutes ago, never took place. I was just his employee, one that he slept with just a few moments ago.

I felt Linzey put her hand on my lower back. She knew what just happened between us. She knew Harry better than anyone and she could read him like a book. He knew what he just done, but instead of correcting himself, he stood there - frozen - and didn't say a word. I glared at him as he stood there in his frozen state as tears built up in my eyes, but he didn't move an inch.

"Nice to meet you Brittany. I'm a REALLY good friend of your boss." Slut Barbie said placing emphasis on "really". And then she had the audacity to extend her hand to me. I didn't want to look at her, much less touch her.

I looked at her through my tear filled eyes and she looked down at me and said, "Oh baby, what is wrong?" before smirking at me. Before I knew it, my fist had connected with her eye and she flew back against the wall. She was leaned over holding her face, cussing at me, but I didn't hear one word that came out of her collagen filled lips. I stormed towards the elevator and Linzey ran behind me.

"Please, don't go!" she pleaded. There was nothing anyone could do to change my mind. I can't believe I put myself in this position to get hurt, but I did, and I was escaping while I had the chance. She gave me a hug and said she'd be in touch. I stepped inside the elevator and before the doors had time to shut Harry stopped them and pried them apart.

"Brittany, please let me explain to you who she is." he said.

"I don't care who she is. Leave me alone." I tried everything I could to not look at him in his eyes. I kept my focus on the floor number flashing in red above me.

"Just let me explain. FUCK! Why do you have to be like this Brittany? Give me 5 minutes?" he said growing angrier. The fact that he had the nerve to get angry at me, pushed me over the edge.

"I AM LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FUCKED UP, THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE ME! DON'T YOU DARE COME AT ME, WANTING TO EXPLAIN, IT'S PRETTY EVIDENT WHAT'S GOING ON! NO EXPLANATIONS ARE NEEDED! YOU ARE MY BOSS! I WORK FOR YOU REMEMBER? THAT'S IT! I'M GOING HOME, TO MY HOUSE! I WILL WORK FROM THERE. SO MAYBE I WON'T HAVE TO SEE YOUR LYING, SCUMBAG FACE AGAIN!" I yelled at him. His eyes were so wide from shock. I didn't care though, because he had made me mad. He stepped away from the elevator and the doors proceeded to close before I caught them to say one last thing.