Chapter 8

[The pic belongs to me, it's my artwork]

[Start Chapter]

As soon as he heard the door closing, Bliss opened his eyes and sat up, moving his eye lights to look around the room, the morning light coming from the window illuminated the room.

It's been already a few weeks since he was thrown out of the VOID and into this new AU. He's been observing the Skeleton brothers since then, but still nothing suspicious, they didn't call Ink or hurt him in any way. All they did was... feed him poisonless things, put him in dresses, put him in the small cage -which he soon learned it was called a crib-, and carrying him around in their arms. Although he didn't exactly hate the warm embrace, he also couldn't relax always somewhat expecting some kind of pain, -It was actually weird that his body wasn't glitching from all the physical contact like it usually would. Perhaps the change in his codes were the cause of it? His body didn't glitch anymore.

Also they kept repeating that he was family, being nice to him, not hitting him even once, and smiling at him -but it wasn't those smiles he gets from Monsters when they hurt him or watch him beg for mercy, it was different and warm- Was this how normal families were like? He wouldn't know, it was very different with the gang. - Nightmare constantly poisoning him to the point he became completely immune to any poison. Dust trying to kill him for his EXP. Horror biting and stealing his bones that sometimes just fell off on their own from how broken he was. Killer's surprise attacks and knife-tag game, always trying to stab him. And Cross being the closest to a sane mind in the gang, although he was very serious and obedient to Nightmare, he was easily bribed by the others with chocolate and ended up being the one creating the biggest mess. Any moment with them was never boring, always fighting amongst themselves when Nightmare wasn't around, but when facing the destroyer in a fight they worked together trusting each other with their lives while smiling and laughing. No matter how insane and brutal it may look to others, in Bliss' eyes they were like children happily playing and he very much enjoyed watching them. Violence was pretty much the only way any of them knew how to bond or express themselves. He wasn't complaining though, he actually missed those times. He even missed Nightmare's poison attacks and the gang's deadly pranks. - Being with these two brothers was completely different, yet, somehow it felt similar, it felt warm and made his soul flutter, although he decided to ignored it, he was still not planning on getting attached. There was also the Papyrus constantly calling him 'son' with a bright smile... let's just say Bliss' SOUL was having a hard time getting used to it, it kept tingling and stuttering every time, although it could very well be just an anomaly in his SOUL caused by his missing codes.

'It wouldn't surprised me, seeing how broken we've always been.' Bliss mentality said while looking at the big puppet next to him. The puppet laying against the railing of the crib, quietly staring back with its lifeless button eyes. 'Not even the VOID can completely fix something this broken.' He chuckled finding it funny.

The puppet quietly fell to the side like the lifeless thing it was. Bliss frowned. '...Shut up. What would you know? You're nothing more than a pile of rags.' He growled and decided he didn't want to talk to it anymore. This thing should've just gotten lost in the VOID like the rest of the rags he called his clothes.

Bliss moved a hand to the side and opened a small portal to the AU's codes. He had already looked into the codes of the AU, so he understood better its description and plot. This was indeed a new AU, one he hasn't seen before, and it also seemed to be an Original seeing that it didn't have a copy #number. He could see by the codes that it was very young and it didn't even have its first reset yet. But there was something else written in the codes of the AU that bothered him. Bliss glanced at the codes, 'VOID-touched', just like in his STATS, he decided to simply ignore it.