Arc 1 Chapter 6: Compromised Judgment

It was the morning of a new day.

Like usual, you stood high above Honnouji Academy's front courtyard along side Satsuki. But this time you stood next to her instead of behind.

Voice of Satsuki: We are now one entity... no longer will you stand behind me.

Satsuki was wearing Junketsu in place of her normal uniform. In its neutral state, Junketsu greatly resembled your outfit. It was a sailor uniform with epaulettes on each shoulder with a blue and white color scheme.

The outfit fit her perfectly.

You: Say, Satsuki. I've been meaning to ask you, how does Junketsu feel?

Satsuki: What do you mean?

You: Well you know, a Kamui is technically a living thing right? Does it have a leathery texture or does it feel like normal clothing?

Satsuki: It feels like power... pure power. The fibers that line the inside of the chest piece expand and contract like its breathing. Sometimes it even gets goosebumps. But to answer your question... imagine wearing flesh over your own skin. Living... breathing... flesh...

You: That's-disturbing.

Satsuki: I'm still getting use to it to be honest with you.

You run your hand across Junketsu's sleeve.

You could feel the individual life fibers react to your touch as it contracts in an effort to avoid your hand.

You: Ew

Satsuki: Matoi will be here any moment now. Do you remember what I told you?

You: I do. Stay up here in your place and try not to intervene.

Satsuki: Exactly. I don't want you to interfere with this fight. I must show Matoi why I am to be feared.

You: You've certainly gone out of your way to give her a proper welcome...

Down below, the courtyard was covered in Honnouji Academy's school banners. An arena encircled the center area with students silently standing on the other side, ready to watch.

A long staircase ran from the base of the marble tower to the course dirt floor of the courtyard.

You: By the way- can you keep the destruction to a minimum please? I don't feel like filling out hundreds of insurance claims today.

Two figures approach the arena from the main entrance.

Ryuko and Mako enter the center of the arena with confused expressions on their faces.

Satsuki: Show time.

Ryuko glares up at Satsuki.

Ryuko: Satsuki Kiryuin!

Satsuki: Correct, Ryuko Matoi.

Ryuko's eyes drift over to you and then back to Satsuki.

Ryuko: I gotta hand it to you, this is some welcome! You got somethin' on your mind or are you just gonna stand there lookin' tough?!

Satsuki's heel clacks on the first step as she begins her decent to the arena. You shuffle to the center of the tower to take her place. This was the first time you had ever stood in Satsuki's spot.

Satsuki: Last time I saw you, you said quote, "we would finish this thing".

Ryuko: Well aren't you the conscientious type?!

Mako moves out of the arena as she put together what was about to happen.

You: Things are about to get super destructive...