Arc 2 Chapter 15: A Missing Piece

I planed on making this chapter longer but everything wasn't piecing together how I wanted it to. There were too many scene changes, it didn't have much of a flow, and the settings were a little confusing to understand all in one chapter. So to fix this problem, I've broken it down into two separate chapters. One being released today and the next being released around the weekend of this part's publishing. I hope this chapter satisfies you nonetheless! 

Have a great day!

~~~~~~~

???: -COUNTER ATTACK! DO NOT STOP FOR ANYTHING! WE SHALL TAKE OUR DIGNITY WITH US-

Sudden loud yelling forces your eyes open. Hundreds of men dressed in traditional Samurai armor surround you, all shouting and raising their weapons in the air. They were coated in layers of dried blood and crusty dirt. The air reeked of gunpowder. 

In the distance, you spot a battalion of no less than twenty-thousand more unknown men facing you. They were holding what looked like outdated guns while waving white and red flags.

Your body was weighed down by a heavy set of red worn down Bajutsu armor. Cracks and circular dents covered the chest piece while a massive helmet greatly limited your vision. You gripped a very heavy weapon in your dominant hand but your eyes would not turn to look at it no matter how hard you tried to move them. 

Another man dressed in very similar armor rode up to you on a white horse. His face was scared and his right eye was swollen shut. 

Horse Riding Man: Kiyoshi! It was a please fighting at your side brother! Today! WE RIDE ONE LAST TIME!

You: Kiyoshi? That's not my name-

You tried to speak but the words wouldn't come out. Instead, your mouth began to move on it's own. 

You: TO DEATH MY FRIEND! 

You raise your weapon into the air, finally getting the chance to look at it.

It was your Odachi in the best state you had ever seen it in. There were no dents. No blood stains. And the hilt wasn't nearly falling apart. 

Internal Voice: That man is Isamu Michi- My best friend and confidant-

The voice you were hearing was speaking directly in your head. It was male and carried a tone of ancient wisdom upon every word.

A brown horse strides up to your side. 

Isamu Michi: May our spirits wonder free-

You mount the horse with no control of your body. It was like you were watching someone else's life play out. 

Internal Voice: We were surrounded... out numbered... and exhausted... The plan was to make one final push against the forces that threatened to destroy our way of life-

Unknown Men: - TO DEATH! AND GLORY! CHAAAAAARGE!

The men around you yell out in unison as a horn is sounded in the distance. They rush from their positions straight at the opposing forces. 

Your legs kick the sides of your horse, causing it to suddenly burst froward towards the army awaiting you. 

Internal Voice: We knew this was our last stand- None of us would survive. 

Bullets whiz past your head and strike the others charging with you. One by one they fell to the hail of gunfire. It was pure, unfiltered chaos. 

Cold fear ran through your veins as your mind raced.