Arc 2 Chapter 11: Uzu Sanageyama; The Fool

~~~~~~ Three Years ago~~~~~~~

In a barren field surrounded by winding hills and yellow grass located in the Northern Kanto region, five young figures stand tall against hundreds of teenagers wearing all black school uniforms. They were armed with various weapons ranging from clubs to crudely made katanas.

Leading this group of battle ready kids was Uzu Sanageyama, gang leader of the Northern Kanto Alliance. He held a simple bamboo bokken with pride in his eyes and a cocky smile on his face.

Opposing him and his gang was five strangers from a rival school, Honnouji Academy.

Ira Gamagori.

Nonon Jakuzure.

Houka Inumuta.

(F/N) (L/N).

And their leader, Satsuki Kiryuin.

Satsuki calmly stood ahead of her allies with her sword, Bakuzan, acting as a cane.

Inumuta: One against five hundred? This will make it clear whether or not Satsuki Kiryuin is worthy enough to lead us.

Jakuzure: This is just my opinion, but you might want to begin practicing your bowing technique Inumuta.

Gamagori nods his head in agreement.

You: This boy is a fool for opposing Satsuki.

Sanageyama gets closer to Satsuki while his gang stares her down.

Sanageyama: I gotta say Kiryuin, you got a lot of guts picking a fight with me on my own turf.

Satsuki: I have no intention of fighting you. I am ordering you to surrender though.

One of the boys in the gang yells out at Satsuki in a fit of anger.

Boy: Who do you think you're messin' with!

The boy's cry of anger riled up the rest of the gang and they all break from their positions to rush Satsuki. Sanageyama chooses to stand in place while they try to attack.

Satsuki says something under her breath and slams the base of Bakuzan's sheath into the dirt with such force that the attacking gang is sent flying away from her. They land on the ground, unmoving and groaning in pain.

Sanageyama: The Chi technique? That's impressive for a Honnouji brat like yourself.

He raises his bokken over his head and sprints at Satsuki. She remains still.

Sanageyama: Got any other tricks up your sleeve?

He jumps above Satsuki.

Sanageyama: I can see all your moves before you make them!

Satsuki thrusts her sheathed sword in the direction of Sanageyama with a bored look on her face.

He dodges the half-assed attack and lands behind her.

Sanageyama: Now you're mine-

Satsuki: -did you think you could sneak up behind me?

In the blink of an eye, Satsuki uses the momentum from her thrust to quickly grab Bakuzan's hilt and stabs backwards in one fluid motion. The impact of the sheath against Sanageyama's stomach could be heard miles away.

He drops his bokken then follows it to the ground in pain.

You: Uzu Sanageyama. The fool.

Sanageyama holds his stomach, spitting up stomach acid and saliva.

Satsuki: Join me-

He looks up in surprise at Satsuki.