Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Amity Park. A quiet town in which almost nothing extraordinary occurred. Well, aside from the occasional ghost invasion. On a sunny day in the beginning of fall, three friends were walking through the local park on their way to a movie.

"Danny, as much as we love Spider-Man, I don't think watching his newest movie will make up for you letting Cujo loose and almost drowning me and Tucker in his slobber," a goth girl said unhappily to her raven haired friend.

"Yeah, but it's a start right?" replied the raven haired boy, Danny, as he plastered a large smile on his face. The goth girl and African-American boy did not look amused. Danny sighed, "C'mon Sam, Tuck, you know it was an accident."

Their technogeek friend, Tucker, scowled at Danny, "I broke another PDA because of that slobbering mutt. And I still hadn't paid off the one I broke last week when we fought Technus 2.0!" he cried out, throwing his hands in the air.

Danny jogged in front of his friends, stopping them in their tracks. "Okay, okay, I get it. I'm being a bad teammate again," the teen admitted, hanging his head, "I'm sorry."

Seeing their friend sincerely apologetic for his actions made Sam and Tucker drop their scowls immediately. They walked up to Danny with Sam spinning the raven haired boy around and Tucker slinging his arm over Danny's shoulders.

"It's cool, man," Tucker said, sliding his hand through the air for emphasis. He suddenly shivered and removed his arm from Danny's shoulders so he could wrap it around himself. "Literally," he said, teeth chattering, "I should have brought a jacket."

"C'mon Tuck, it's the beginning of fall," Sam sighed, raising an eyebrow at her chilly friend. She pointed up at the sun shining bright in the sky. "There isn't a single cloud in the sky. How can you possibly be cold?" she asked.

"Guys, hurry" Danny urged his friends, speeding up his walking pace, "we're gonna miss the previews!"

Tucker continued to shiver as he followed after Danny. "What's the rush, Danny? We have plenty of time. It's not like a ghost is gonna pop out of nowhere and ruin our whole day," he chuckled as his teeth continued to chatter.

Danny sighed, realizing his friend had a point. As he slowed his pace back down to a normal walking speed, screams erupted in the distance. The teen whipped around and frowned at Tucker. "You were saying?" he asked the technogeek sarcastically.

Tucker offered Danny a small smile and a shrug in response which earned him a punch in the arm from Sam.

Looking around to make sure there was no one nearby, Danny curled his hands into fists and cried out, "I'm going ghost!". White rings appeared around his waist and washed over his body, transforming his jeans and t-shirt into a black and white HAZMAT suit. His pale skin became tan as his raven hair shifted to white. Baby blue eyes turned toxic green and shone bright with energy. He leaped into the air, flying off in the direction of the screams.

"Don't worry, we'll catch up," Sam yelled after the halfa, knowing full well that he was already out of earshot. She sighed, slapping her hand over her eyes. "I swear that ghost boy is missing some brain cells," Sam mumbled.

Tucker placed a shaky hand on Sam's shoulder. "He may be an idiot, but he's our idiot," Tucker reminded her. He removed his hand and returned to trying to warm himself. "Which means we better go after him."

More screams in the distance caused both humans to jump. They shared a look of fear as they imagined all the horrible situations Danny could be in at that moment. "Right now," they said in unison and started running in the direction of all the noise.

GREETINGS! IT IS I! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LINE BREAK! MAKING MY FIRST APPEARANCE IN THIS BRAND NEW SEQUEL! BE SURE TO LEAVE ME OFFERINGS AND CONTINUE ON WITH THE REST OF THE CHAPTER!