~4~

I follow you though I can't swim,

Because I trust in you deep within,

Yet I'm gifted with something on a wimp,

It's the first kiss that gets my head spins.

<<<<<<<~*~*~*~*>>>>>>>

Once Xian was underwater, he found himself couldn't breathe that surprisingly wasn't due to the lack of oxygen extraction. The moment he tried opening his eyes and squinted at his surroundings, he was shocked at the real reason.

Someone was kissing him!

Despite not having a clear vision, he could still tell a narrow forehead's handsome feature within the oval-shaped face with a delicate nose bridge. His long, black hair was floating around him, gracefully in picturesque beauty.

The feeling of having his first kiss stolen by such divinity had made him ignorant of everything. He closed his eyes and allowed his lips to be led, for this was his first time.

However, it wasn't just as simple as a kiss. Xian felt his mouth being dominantly pried open by the tip of the other's tongue. And once he allowed it, something was placed on his tongue. It tasted strange and otherwordly, a taste that never before had he ever savored. He tried to gob that foreign thing out of his mouth but couldn't. Bo-di had his tongue firmly pinned down Xian's, making sure the other swallowed the thing he gave. When Xian squirmed in the hope of breaking the kiss, Bo-di used not only his strong arms but also his tail to wrap Xian's small frame tightly. Leaving with no choice, Xian could do nothing but swallowed what was on his tongue down his esophagus. Only then did Bo-di let go of him.

As for Xian, the moment that tiny foreign thing was digested, he felt something strange happening to his body, especially at the nape of his neck and especially his legs.

"Breath," said Bo-di.

Xian did as he was told and realized that his lungs were somewhat no longer out of the air, whereas his eyes had no struggle to open like before. Now that his vision was clear, he realized the divinity in front of him was none other than a merman.

"You're a merman?" asked Xian as he stared at the big, azure fishtail of the half-naked guy before him.

"My name is Bo-di, Prince of Nepo," replied Bo-di. "Or, you may know me as Zhanzhan."

"Zhanzhan?" Xian widened his eyes in disbelief. At the age of twelve, he actually came to realize that his Zhanzhan wasn't just an imaginary friend. However, never did he expect his friend to be a merman. He had never even known the kind existed.

"Surprised?"

Xian nodded as his mouth couldn't process words at the moment.

"Save it for when you're to see the city of Nepo."

"B-but...w-why can I breathe underwater?" Xian seemed to recover from the shock and asked.

"I gave you something that allowed you to breathe underwater for twenty-four hours. It produced gills at the back of your neck for breathing. And of course, the fishtail." Bo-di jerked his chin at the once-used-to-be Xian's legs.

That explained that foreign thing just now, Xian thought to himself as his hand reached back to touch the nape of his neck, and simultaneously looked down to see a fishtail in the same color as that of the one before him. Only smaller.

"Let's go."

Xian saw a hand extended to him. He looked up to find a smile waiting for him as an invitation.

"You're having second thought?" Bo-di asked as he saw the hesitation in Xian's eyes.

Tilting his head up to look at the blurry view above him one last time, he inwardly bidding his old life goodbye before accepting the extended hand with a wide smile. "Never."

Hand in hand, both the azure color fishtail mermen delved deeper into the bottom of the ocean and headed toward the City of Nepo, the hometown of Bo-di.

To Xian's amazement, the city was full of spectacular views with many beautiful sea creatures. When they reached the town's outskirts, there were small huts built with different materials and colors for mermen and mermaids to reside. Bo-di brought Xian to visit every other place around the city and explained to him at every new sight. Both were laughing and having fun, unaware of the pair of eyes that were following them at every move. The eyes that would later become the cause of painful separation between this more-than-friend-less-than-lover bond.

~*~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~*  

Thank you, @kami-chan1999, for this beautiful drawing

Thank you, @kami-chan1999, for this beautiful drawing. For more of her work, check out her Instagram "puppeshirouotome