~7~

Please don't ever leave me,

I've sacrificed everything even my life,

To make sure that you can ever be,

Forever happy without strife.

<<<<<<<~*~*~*~*>>>>>>>

"Xian, please. Please don't die on me."

A voice was heard sobbing inside the quiet room, and a person was seen hugging another limp body in a tight embrace. If it weren't for the wave that floated everything inside, droplets of tears would have been visibly shed and dropped onto the face of someone below.

"Give him the scale. It's losing effect. Look, the tail is changing." shouted a female's voice in panic.

And with that, Bo-di gently lay the unconscious Xian on the floor and materialized a dagger out of thin air. Bringing his azure fishtail to the front, he used his free hand to sweep the scales upwards, revealing another layer of freshly wounded scales below.

A gasp escaped from a mermaid nearby. With both hands covered her mouth to prevent sound anymore, she looked at Bo-di, completely horrified. "Brother, you've lost this many inner scales? Do you how many life spans-?"

"Zo-ey," Bo-di cut her off without a flinch at the word 'life span.' "Say no more."

Zo-ey dropped her hands and balled them into fists by her side instead. "I just don't understand why this so-called love could make people sacrifice so much," she muttered to herself but clearly made her voice audible enough to the person next to her.

Ignoring his sister, Bo-di held the dagger firmly by the hilt and plunged it deep into his scale's inner layer. Blood seeped from the open wound and began floating around him, yet Bo-di didn't even bother to look. He was too concentrated on trying to peel one of the scales off. When he succeeded, he held the scale firmly in his closed palm and threw away the dagger, which later dematerialized as if it wasn't there in the first place. With one hand parting Xian's lip, he brought the enclosed fist nearer and positioned it on the parted lips before opening it slightly to allow the content to get inside the mouth. Once he made sure it was in, Bo-di closed the lips and lifted the chin up, trying to make the limp body swallowed it.

He waited and waited, but nothing happened. Xian continued to stay unconscious while his tail kept disappearing bit by bit, revealing human feet' sight. That was when Yibo realized that his method didn't succeed.

"No, I won't let you go that easily." He murmured before gently lifting Xian's head into the crook of his arm and bent down to connect their lips together.

"Eee..." Zo-ey squealed then turned away from the view with her face blushing.

Bo-di laved his tongue over Xian's in search of the scale. It was one difficult search for the object itself was small. Not to mention that he also had to keep Xian's mouth open as well. As soon as he found it, he made the scale stayed on the tip of his tongue before delivering it down to the back of Xian's throat, as far as his tongue could reach. Just to make sure that the scale went down to the esophagus, Bo-di kept blowing air endlessly while his arms tightened around Xian's body as if his hold could prevent his lover from leaving him. He mumbled against the soft, plump lips, choking and sobbing with each word, "Please, Xian without disconnecting their lips. I have decided to give up everything. But I can never give up on you. So please, don't give up on me. And don't ever give up on yourself." He continued to blow the air inside Xian's mouth, and each blow came with a weak beseech, "Please, I love you."

Bo-di was crying now. He only cried once in his life. It was the day that his mother and his brother died. However, it couldn't even count as one. He just stared at their photos in the funeral hall in silence and let down three teardrops, and that was it. However, right now, he was whimpering like a three-year-old. And that shocked as well as sadden Zo-ey to see this. The dominant and fearless prince was no more. Right now, she only saw a fragile man on the verge of mentally and physically break down. And that man was her second brother whom she had always admired and looked up to.

Zo-ey used to hate humans to the core, for they were the reasons she had lost her big brother and her queen mother. Her big brother also fell in love with a human. That human was handsome, Zo-ey had to admit. She had met the man a few times when her brother secretly brought him to visit the queen mother and her when the king wasn't around. He also looked kind and gentle, and she couldn't wait for him to become her brother-in-law. But never had she thought the devil in human form existed.

One day, when the king and Bo-di were invited to another kingdom, her big brother came and conveyed his lover's invitation to the queen and her. The invitation to his lover's beach house. Zo-ey couldn't help but anxiously happy to get to see the human's world.

But on that very same day, the joy took a twist turns into sorrow. It was the day that she lost her most beloved people and almost the life of her own. If it weren't for her tardiness that kept her from going on time, she would have joined her family on the science lab experiment table.

Yes. That devil was a scientist. He coaxed her brother into his well-planned love trap so he could become famous in his field. Zo-ey patently remembered the brutal video that was broadcast nationwide. A video of a scientist dissecting one merman and one mermaid with no mercy while blabbering his scientific theory. Thankfully, the mad scientist was persecuted legally afterward. Still, even if that man died a million times, it would never be enough for her bereavement. And ever since that day, Zo-ey made a vow to herself to never have any mercy on humans ever again.

Nevertheless, seeing how desperately Bo-di was in love with this human-made, her heart sting, and her hatred seemed to dissipate one by one.

She was about to walk over to console her brother when her steps were cut short by a small movement. "Brother, look!" She yelled and pointed at it.

Suddenly, Bo-di felt something moved against his lips. The movement was weak yet had a hidden hastiness in it. He parted his lips from Xian to get a better view of what was going on. There, he started to see his world being illuminated by a bright light again. However, literally, it wasn't a light. It was a smile. A weak one, yet it looked most radiant than the sun to him.

Xian was opening his eyes and smiling at him. With little strength remained, he lifted his hand to touch Bo-di's cheek and joked with a hoarse voice, "Did you just confess to me, Prince Bo-di?"