I want my bed mommy (2)

Y/N's POV

We were currently in the hospital waiting for Peter to get out of surgery. I was cuddled up in Shawn's arms, still crying. My poor baby is so young, he shouldn't be going through any of this.

The guys were talking to the police to explain the tragedy. It turns out that Peter wasn't the only one that got shot. 6 other fans got shot and 2 of them were killed instantly. My heart goes out to their families, but my baby was so much more important to me, as selfish as that sounds, it's true.

At this point I've been crying so much, I've ran out of tears. It was 2am and Peter's been gone for almost 3-4 hours. The whole Mendes crew and family stayed. No one left. I looked up at Shawn and saw that he was passed out asleep.

Third Person POV

A couple hours later Y/N still couldn't fall asleep. How could she sleep? Her baby boy was in danger and could be dying. She was filled with anger, sadness, and heartbreak.

Anger because the evil person in the arena could be the cause of her son's death.

Sadness because she just wanted her baby in her arms.

Heartbreak because the pain in her heart is so strong.

On the other hand, there was Shawn. He was fast asleep doing more than 100 shows constantly can put a big toll on a person.

Even when he was asleep he could feel all the emotions Y/N was feeling. It was like they were connected. When one was upset, the other would be upset at the same time.

Time was going by slowly for them. Y/N was watching the clock tick. Liam was in Manny's arms fast asleep. The boys were on their phones or fast asleep as well.

This was not how they wanted to spend the last night of the SM5 tour. They could be out partying at a club, or flying home to their family.

Y/N heard a gurney being rolled and her head snapped up and she stood up from her seat. In the gurney was her tiny son, hooked up to so many machines and wires. The doctor was talking to the nurse and as soon as he saw her.

He tried to smile. The doctor tried to be positive but deep down in his heart, he knew he would have to deliver bad news sooner or later.

"Excuse me Mrs. Mendes, i would like to talk to you and your husband alone"

Y/N nodded her head and gently shook Shawn awake. Shawn woke up with puffy and red eyes, and once he saw the doctor he immediately got up.

The doctor motioned for them to follow and they obeyed. They walked into another corridor where it was quiet.

"Peter did great in surgery, there were no complications, but there is also a 50% chance he won't wake up. Right now he is in a coma and could take days and even months to wake up from. He got shot very close to his heart, if it was an inch closer, he would've died on the spot. He got very lucky. You guys are able to stay with him for as long as you like, the nurses will bring in medication and check up on him daily. I'm sorry once again and I wish you guys the best of luck, I'll see you in the afternoon. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or ask a nurse. We'll be happy to answer anything. Peter is in room 24b"

Shawn's POV

We thanked the doctor and I looked down to see Y/N sobbing into my chest. I pulled her closer and let out a few tears as well.

She looked up at me and whispered "I want to go see my baby"

I nodded my head and gave her wet lips a soft peck. We walked to Peter's room and once we opened that door, my heart dropped.

Y/N ran to Peter's side and grabbed his small hand. I followed closely behind her and grabbed a seat for the both of us.

"Peter baby, please wake up. Mommy and daddy need you. When you wake up we'll take you to your bed. Liam needs his older brother with him. We need you with us, please wake up" Y/N sobbed.

"Peter honey, wake up bud. We can't move on without you. You have so much to see and experience. You can be filling in my shoes one day. We'll understand if it's time for you to go, but we all need you here. If it is your time to go, please take care of your little sister. I love you no matter what Peter, we're waiting for you"

Time Skip
3 Months Later

It's been a rough time for our family. Peter has woken up once and we were so filled with hope and happiness, but the next day, he was back in his coma.

Y/N, Liam, and I practically lived in hospital. Liam would go home with our parents once in a while. Y/N and I would switch on who gets to go home. We would eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner either in the cafeteria or a fast food restaurant near by.

I was strumming my guitar next to Peter and sang to him. This was something that calmed me down.

Peter's POV

I could see my dad playing his guitar, I could hear his soft voice singing to me. I could see my mom sleeping peacefully on the futon. I watched them closely, until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi Peter"

I turn around and see a tall girl in all white, with a halo over her head.

"Hi, where am I?" I say shyly.

"You're in heaven hun, look around you. There's kids your age, that you can play with. You can meet new people. You can watch over your family anytime you want, but you'll have to make that decision on your own. Before you do, I want you to meet someone. Follow me"

I followed the nice lady into a garden and saw a little girl who looked about 2 years old.

"Peter, meet your little sister Scarlett. She didn't make it when she was in your mommy's tummy, but she's safe here now"

I walked up to Scarlett and sat down next to her. She had hazel eyes and light brown hair, she looked like daddy.

She smiled at me and handed me a flower. I stayed with her for a while until I was ready to make my decision.

Shawn's POV
(sorry for all the pov changes)

I heard the heart monitor beeping and saw Peter opening his eyes.

"Babe...wake up" I softly say to Y/N trying to wake her up.

She got up and stood next to me. "Peter, baby. How are you feeling?"

He looked up at us with the biggest smile on his face. "Hi mommy and daddy. I just met someone and she was so cute"

"Who baby?" I ask

"Scarlett...do you remember her?"

Our eyes widen and tears start to form in Y/N's eyes. 

"Of course, honey"

"Mommy please don't cry. I'm a strong boy. But I think I have to go back to Scar. She's lonely and nobody plays with her. I'm sorry mommy. I'm sorry daddy. But I have to go. Scarlett's waiting for me. I love you. Tell Liam I love him so much. Goodnight"

As soon as Peter said his last words, the heart monitor flatlined.

"PETER. PETER COME BACK. PLEASE" Y/N yelled. She held him in her arms like there was no tomorrow. I called for the nurse and they tried to get him back, but it was too late. Peter had already made his decision.

I had no words. I was speechless. My baby was gone. I fell to the ground and hid my face in my knees. I lost him.

Peter's POV

Look Scar, there's mommy and daddy. They aren't very happy at the moment, but you'll love them. You'll meet them soon. And Liam, Liam is such a great brother. He always played with me. I'll take care of you Scar, I'll be the best big brother ever.

The End
This was hard to write, my heart is sad and it's not even reality.
I know this book is about Shawn and I'm trying to incorporate him, but it's hard 😂 all of my stories are mostly on Y/N.
Trust me the next one will be all about Shawn.
Enjoy xx