Gender Reveal Party

Shawn's POV

(short imagine)

"Honey, where's my blue polo?" I yell from the closet.

"Babe, I've told you this multiple times, it's not in the closet it's on the bed" She laughs, walking into the closet.

"Stop laughing at me" I pout, sauntering towards her and giving her a sweet peck.

I grab the baby blue polo off the bed and put it over my white YSL tank top.

"I still think our baby is a girl" Y/N says, placing her palm on my right shoulder, and looking up at me with her big brown eyes. "It's definitely a boy, your bump is hugeee, and I mean that in a good way"

"Whatever you say honey" She giggles, walking into the bathroom.

I'm so excited to be a dad, it's everything I wanted and more.

"Your mom texted me and she said everything is all set. People are going to start arriving soon, we should head down there right now" Y/n says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm all set"

We head down the stairs and see pink and blue streamers everywhere. Half the room was pink and the other half was blue. Both of our families were either wearing pink or blue. Aaliyah was handing out stickers for 'team boy' and 'team girl'

"We hope you both like it, we tried to make everything perfect" My mom explains.

'We love it ma, thank you" Y/N replies, kissing my mom on her cheek.

We greeted everyone as they came in the house. Aaliyah was the one who knew the gender of the baby and we had no idea how she was going to announce it.

"We're so happy for you man" Brian says, pulling me into a man hug.

"Thanks, man, but happy is an understatement" I laugh.

"Alright, can I have everybody's attention please" Aaliyah yells. "We're going to play some games before doing the reveal of Future Baby Mendes. Everyone will get a bingo card and some markers, the game will start shortly"

Y/N and I sat down and grabbed our own cards.

"Okay the first one is... a diaper" Aaliyah announced.

The game continued and the winner ended up being someone we didn't even know. Aaliyah had other games planned and I was growing impatient. I didn't participate in any more games and just paid my whole attention to my beautiful wife and our growing baby.

I rested my palm on Y/N's bump and started to rub.

"Thank you for giving me everything. I'm so blessed to have you in my life. I really mean it babe, you've brought nothing but happiness to me, and I'm so excited to raise our baby together"

"Oh, Shawn. I love you so much, but stop making me emotional" She laughs before giving me a sweet tender kiss.

"Okay we'll continue on with the reveal after these two stop sucking each other's faces" Aaliyah declares.

Y/N and I both started to turn red and everyone laughed. We gave Aaliyah our full attention and listened to her instructions.

"We should head outside for this part of the reveal"

Everyone headed to our backyard and gathered around in a circle.

"We have this guitar that's full of powder and we're gonna have Shawn smash it. We also have confetti cannons throughout the crowd" Aaliyah explained.

My mom handed me a brown acoustic guitar and Y/N and I posed for pictures before smashing the guitar.

"On the count of 3"

"3"

"2"

"1"

I brought the guitar over my head and smashed it on the ground.

Blue powder and confetti sprinkled out of the cannons and the guitar. I dropped the rest of the guitar and took Y/N in my arms.

"I'm so happy, I knew it would be a boy"

"You're a smart boy" She laughs, kissing me passionately.

I had everything in my arms, my life was complete. And who knows, maybe we'll have more kids in the future.

--

I haven't been active in a while, please forgive me :(
Here's a cute little story to try and make up for it

Enjoy x