Callum Ilot - We're Engaged, But Wait, Who Are You?

Requested by; Anon.

Request; I was looking at your masterlist and noticed you write for Callum Ilott but don't have any imagines for him so I was wondering if you'd do prompt C13 for him? Thank you ♡

Scenario; C13- you dropped to your knee to tie your shoe but suddenly, people are congratulating us on getting engaged and we just scored free coffee so we roll with it

(Y/n) steps into the mall needing to get to the grocery store to stock up on certain things, she stops when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket and takes it out, she reads the message she had received from her friend

Friend: You're at the mall? What are you doing there? why didn't you invite me?

(Y/n): I'm buying bread, flour, apples, tomatoes, potatoes, milk, sugar and more.

Friend: Boring, fine, you're forgiven, talk later.

(Y/n) locks her phone and looks up about to put her phone away when a stranger knelt down in front of her, Callum noticed his shoelaces were loose and decided he better tie them before he tripped, he kneels down and begins tying the lace, not thinking much about what was happening around them, people around them stopped and stared at the two young people in the middle of the mall, a man kneeling in front of a woman, (Y/n) was about to walk around him.

"Aw!" She heard somebody whisper.

"Wait, stop, look." Another person whispers, obviously these people didn't know how to whisper at all.

"Stop, look over there." Another person says, (Y/n) wanted to know what they were talking about but couldn't see anything.

"Hey, look." A crowd slowly started to form around them, Callum stood up and suddenly the surrounding crowd around them started applauding and cheering, confusing Callum and (Y/n).

"What's happening?" Callum whispers to (Y/n), (Y/n) shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe they're happy that you tied your shoelace?" (Y/n) says.

"Congratulations!" Somebody shouts.

"You look so cute together, I wonder how you'll look on your wedding day." Somebody else says, Shock covers (Y/n) and Callum's facial expressions.

"The best day to come and shop." A group of teenagers says, A woman exits a coffee shop holding two cups of takeaway cups.

"Here you go, as an engagement present." The woman says, (Y/n) takes the cup of coffee. "It's on the house, it's not every day that you see somebody get engaged in front of your shop." Callum and (Y/n) looks at each other, it dawns on them what was happening.

"Wait, bu—" Callum was cute of by (Y/n) placing her hand over his mouth.

"Thank you, we are just... it's so amazing to be in love." (Y/n) says, she was a coffee person and if she could score a free coffee by pretending she just got engaged to a stranger, so be it.

"I wish the best for your future." She walks away and (y/n) removes her hand from Callum's mouth, he looks at waiting for an explanation.

"What are you staring at?" (Y/n) asks, she takes a sip from the coffee. "Mhm.

"What was that? We don't know each other." Callum states.

"And you were about to blurt out the truth, do you know how expensive that place is?" (Y/n) asks, Callum looks at the cup in his hand.

"Then I guess I should know the name of my future wife?" Callum says, (Y/n) smiles at him.

"That is better, I'm (Y/n)." (Y/n) says.

"Callum," Callum says.

"Well, Callum, it was nice to share a coffee with you." (Y/n) says.

"Oh, so our engagement is over so soon?" Callum jokingly asks causing (Y/n) just giggle.

"Well... I have groceries to go buy, so yeah." (Y/n) says.

"What do you know? So do I." Callum says. "But uh maybe one day we could actually sit down and share a coffee?"

"Are you asking me out on a date, Mr...?" (Y/n) asks.

"Ilott, and yes, I am asking you out, Miss...?" Calum says.

"(Last Name)." (Y/n) says. "And I would love to have a coffee with you sometime."