Chapter 7

Beelzebub did not remember anything that had happened when she woke up the next morning.

However, she saw an empty sleeping bag next to hers and immediately realized she was not alone.

Being a demon, she had already recovered from her injury so she decided to go outside and check out the source of a smell of eggs, curry powder, coriander, onions, spinach and cheese. Soon a scent of lightly toasted bread tickled the demon's nostrils, inviting her to have some breakfast.

Beelzebub had never felt the need to consume food and yet the smells were too tempting to ignore so she stepped out of the tent, closing her eyes due to the sunlight that was coming through light grey heaps of clouds.

That was when she saw Archangel Gabriel himself being ordered around by the same mortal redhead who had rescued him and Beelzebub herself.

"Scrub better, Gabe! It's still greasy." Belle huffed angrily, referring to the small camp pot that the Archangel was trying to wash with water, detergent and a sponge.

The demon grinned ever so slightly. Finally someone other than Oscar Wilde had put the bastard in his place.

"Good morning, ma'am!" Belle smiled at the demon. "Would you like some spicy scrambled eggs?"

Beelzebub wanted to refuse because she had never needed food before. However, the smells were tempting and, being the demon of Gluttony, she simply found it too hard to resist.

Even demons can be susceptible to temptation, after all. Besides, since she hadn't been to the outer world for so long, not counting her brief meeting with Adam, she decided to go all in and see what the "natives" were all about.

Perhaps there was a reason why Crowley loved them so much that he was willing to betray his own kind and prevent the war from happening.

"Umm, I'm afraid I have no third bowl, ma'am, so for now I filled one bowl with a double portion. I'm looking where to place it." Belle apologized.

"Leave it to me, mortal." Beelzebub snapped her fingers with a poker face and miracled a third bowl and a spoon, much to the girl's surprise.

"Woah!" Belle chirped. "I've never seen anything like it! Is it magic?"

"Demonic magic at its finest, girl. The dark side has its own benefits." the demon smirked ever so slightly as Belle carefully placed a portion of the breakfast into the bowl that had just appeared.

"Okay...Anyway...How's your head? You kept slipping in and out of consciousness yesterday, Beelzebub." Belle smiled kindly before turning to Gabriel and saying "Okay, that's enough. The dishes are clean. Now come here and let's have breakfast in the tent. We can't exactly sit on the ground."

"I'm not going to dine in the same tent as this fucking fiend!" Gabriel protested, glaring at Beelzebub. "I'm Archangel Fucking Gabriel! I have ruled over Heaven ever since God had created me! I will not share our tent with some dirty evil fucking fiend!"

"So you were the big boss after God before Falling? Jeez, no wonder our world has been so messed up from day one. And just for the record, at the moment the only thing that is actually dirty here is your language." Belle made that famous mic dropping gesture that normally signified the end of a conversation on a sassy note, according to Crowley.

Beelzebub barely managed to maintain a straight face. Deep down she had an urge to burst out laughing and applaud the girl who had the guts to drop zingers in front of the most arrogant, prissiest Archangel in the universe.

Only that Irish poet had that much wit and recklessness.

"Angels and demons are enemies! I refused to sit near...her!" Gabriel yelled angrily, all but snatching his breakfast and his spoon from Belle's hands.