Chapter 1: The Call

Hello readers, I am the author, ABucketOfPopcorn. (Do I like Popcorn? Yes!) Honestly, no one will read this note or even this book, but if you do thank you. It means a lot. This is my first book on here, but I write a lot for school. So, if there are grammar and/or spelling mistakes I am sorry. Please! tell me if you see them.

I don't own Marvel characters. Only the plot and the original characters are mine.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: This is a week after homecoming. The only ship will be pepperony. (I might add another one.) Infinity War and Endgame will never happen in this book. EVER! We don't need more crying and depression. So, enjoy this medication because Irondad fanfiction is the only way to drown the sorrows of Endgame.

Peter P

Peter P.O.V.

"I am so sorry."

The words echo in my head. Sorry! sorry, for what? being the last one in my family, outliving them all, and not being strong enough to save them, these facts can not even begin to convey the meaning of sorry. I take a deep breath and stumble into a chair in the hospital waiting room. A minute ago, I rose from this chair with hope still in me. The nurse that was treating my aunt just came out of the emergency door. As soon as she met my eyes, hope started to leave me. Tricking down until it became a flood with the word sorry. Now, there was no hope left, only darkness.

"Is there anyone for you to call?" The nurse asks in a soft voice as she kneels and places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Umm." My first thought goes to Ned, but I can't bring him into my problems. MJ? no, my friends will not suffer because of my bad luck. Parker Luck as May called it. I guess it took her too. There was only one more contact on my shortlist, and I am not sure he would even answer. "Yeah," I breath out. "Maybe."

"Ok," she smiles a little though it does not meet her eyes. "Tell me when you do. I'll be at reception."

I nod back. I take a deep breath, in and out, and grab my phone from my jean pocket. I type in my code and look at the home screen. It's a picture of Ben, May, and me last Christmas. We used to be a happy family. Now, a little over a year later and I am the only one left. Focus! Peter, it will all get better; I try to reassure myself. Not believing that I shake my head a return to the task I set out to do. I choose his number, the number he just entrusted me with. Leaning back into the chair, I close my eyes. Each ring brings up my anxiety. At the forth, I lose heart and am about to hang up the phone when he answers.

"What's up Kid?" I hear him speak though it does not calm my anxiety. "I might be an insomniac, but it does not give you the right to call me at 1 a.m. without a good reason."

"Yeah, Yeah I-I know," I stutter. "This-this was a bad idea sorry for bothering you."

"Wait, Kid! I wasn't going to sleep anyway." A little emotion slips into his voice. "Tell me what's got Peter Parker calling the world's best mentor at 1 o'clock."