Chapter 2: The Dream

Most of this chapter is Peter's dream so it will be italicized. Warning there is a lot of death. Also I'm sorry. (You will see what I mean.)

Peter Dreamland P

Peter Dreamland P.O.V.

"Peter come down here." My mom calls from downstairs.

I feel my little feet plop down on each stair of my old home. One hand holds on to the polls on the railing the other a picture I drew. On the last step, I jump with a smile on my face hopeful for my future as a ninja. As I run to the front door I hear my parents talk with my babysitter about all the boring stuff she should worry about. I slide on my soaks and stop in front of my dad.

"I'm here," I say proud of how quick I was.

"Wow! Peter, that was quick." He says as he picks me up and swings me around. Once I am on the ground he sees the picture in my hand. My mom was done giving the list to the babysitter so she walks over to us and kneels.

"I brought you sometimes for your trip," I smile and hold up the picture.

My dad kneels beside my mom and I hand him the picture. Beaming he shows it to my mom.

"It's beautiful, Peter," She says joyfully with a smile meeting her eyes. "If being a ninja doesn't work out you certainly have a career in art."

I lean over and point on the picture. "That's dad. That's mom and that's me being a ninja."

"We will keep it with us the whole time." My mom says then she turns to my dad and sighs. "It's time to go."

He nods and smiles sadly. "We will be back don't worry." He grabs something from his bag. It looks like a teddy bear. "Here, teddy will keep you company in the meantime." 

My parents hug me one last time; they grab their bags and turn to the door. Right before they open it they turn to me. "We will be back. Don't worry." Sadly their last words to their son was a lie. The door opens and they walk through. The scene changes. 

I am now sitting on the couch of my old home with Aunt May and Uncle Ben in front of me. I look around the room and boxes are littered all over taking away the hominess of the home.

Uncle Ben places a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry Peter we will take care of you. You will never be alone." I smile and turn my head as someone calls my name.

"Peter, it's ok." Uncle Ben says as he grabs my arms. He tries to smile, but it turns into a grimace. I look down at my hand and almost throw up. I am holding down a bullet wound in his stomach. There is blood all over my hands up to my forearms. It is splattered on my coat and his. My pants are soaked from the puddle of blood surrounding us. It was not until this moment that I understood the term bloodbath. I feel myself crying hoping my tears will wash away this blood, but it doesn't. This is real. "It's ok," He says again.