Chapter 5

Me Sam and jo wait at me and Danny's shared apartment, i check my watch as Sam clicks  his pen.

It was a huge loss today in that court room, i hear the door open and in comes a soaking wet Danny. He trudges over to the chair pulling out a bottle of liquor.

Jo stands up and paces "Danny I'm sorry" she says as i sigh. "Sam and I were just talking about how all we really have to do is call some witnesses talk about implied orders or put Downey back on the stand before Dawson".

Danny takes a swig of the bottle  "maybe we get them charged with the Kennedy assassination to" I look at him "are you drunk?" I ask as he nods "pretty much...yeah"  I get up and walk to the kitchen putting on a pot of coffee.

I tune out of the conversation watching the rain fall against the glass I hear Danny vaguely yelling, these poor guys aren't the ones who deserve this.

I snap out of my thoughts when the pot of coffee beeps I sigh just hearing the last of Danny's speech. "SHOULD WE OR SHOULD NOT FOLlOW THE ADVICE OF THE GALLACTICLY STUPID!!" He shouts throwing books and papers to the floor.

I jump as it all crashes to the floor I walk over to him and rub his back, as he lowers his head. No runs her fingers through her hair before grabbing her things

"I'm sorry I lost you your set of steak knives" before opening the door and slamming it. Sam gives me a remorseful look before gathering his own things and carefully shutting the door.

I walk towards the window, i feel two arms gently wrap around my waist as he buries his face in my back.

"I'm sorry I'll clean it all up" he whispers as i turn around and hug him, "I'm an awful lawyer I couldn't help him I couldn't do anything" I grab his face from it's buried state and make him look at me.

"Listen to me what happened today is not your fault, you are one of the best damn lawyers I have ever seen" I say as he nods and let's me go to go clean up his mess.

I follow him and crouch down to help him gather the papers and books, once we finish I grab his hand and kiss it.

"You need some sleep" I say as he nods gently kissing my forehead. I sweep really quickly before heading to bed myself, I walk in and see him staring at the wall.

I pull my side of the blankets back and slide into them, I put my hand on his shoulder as he sighs.
"I screwed up didn't I? I let them down" He asks as I shake my head "Daniel kaffee I been with you for three years and you have never once let me down you are so exceptional and I know that your going to the right thing whatever you choose I'll support you no matter what" I say as he nods

"God I love you" he says as he lays on top of me burying his face in the crook of my neck. We didn't do this often, only when he has bad days.

I run my fingers through his hair and rub his back as his breath begin to slow, I hear a small snore and I smile as I close my eyes and fall asleep as well.