My Chance, My Dream, My Future

"Wait...I need to talk to you."
.
.
.
"What do you need?" I look up at the hero.

As a child, I admired heros on the down low. Heck, even I want to be a hero when I grow up. But, I could never say that to my parents. They'd freak out and try to protect me. They know I'm capable of handling my own but in their eyes, it's too dangerous. The only person I ever told was Ms. Sorami, for obvious reasons. 

"You're quirk, it's really strong. What is it?"

"Uhm, wild cat." I answered. "I have all the abilities from the felidae family, base on my knowledge."

"Do you plan on becoming a hero in the future?"

"I do but, I don't think my parents would approve."

"You should give it a go!" Gunhead said encouragingly. "You could try attending UA."

"That my dream, but I still have two, full school years ahead of me before I can attend."

"You could skip a year and I could train you."

That idea had never crossed my mind. I knew people skipped grades. I just never saw myself doing that. If I did, I would have to go to summer school. But I want to become a hero so bad! Should I try it? What will my parents say? And training with Gunhead. Is it worth it? What choice do I have? This is my one and only chance.

"I'll do it."

"Well, if you sure, here." He said, giving me a card. "This is my number and the location of my martial arts agency. Give me a call when you're set. See ya, uhm?"

"Oh! I'm (Full name)."

"Okay, see ya, (last name)!"

He walks away with a backhand wave. I look at the card in disbelief. A hero asked me to train under their guidance. A smile creeps on my face and jumped in excitement. This was my chance to become a future hero! I'll do whatever it takes for now on to achieve my goal!

"Hey, (last name)." I turn around and saw Kani. I completely forgot about her.

"Wait, you didn't call me a-"

"Don't look too much into it!" She interrupts. "You saved me, its the very least I can do so, thanks, I guess. And if you're going to try to be a hero, go for it. Seems like the best way to get people like you out of our hair. Bye, loser."

I knew what she said was meant to be bittersweet but, I could tell she was grateful for her rescue. I smile. Maybe, she's still nice after all these years.

I walk home and met my parents inside. Momma was in the kitchen making dinner and Dad was on the computer: documenting files. Such a workaholic.

"(Name)? Where have you- OH MY GOSH, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

I realized I still look beat up. I mean, I didn't have time to fix myself, so? Besides, I don't feel that much pain. My mother's outburst catches my father's attention. He whips his head away from the screen and gets the same expression of worry on his face. He and my mother rush to me in a full panic.

"Baby, what happened?!"

I chuckled nervously,"would you believe me if I said I fought an actual villain?"

I ended up explaining everything to them and how a pro hero asked me to train with him. This also meant I had to admit to them about my dreams of attending UA and becoming a hero. As I predicted, they didn't take it so well. They lectured me and suggested I'd find a different profession. But, I didn't want that.

"Mom, Dad, don't you see?!" I suddenly shout,"this is an opportunity for me to stand out from everyone else! And in a new light! Not by being a 'freak', but as an idol! I'll finally be in a place where I belong! Please, I know you want what's best, you've given me so much, and I'm grateful for that. But let me have a chance to find my own path with people like me...people like heroes."

"Honey," my father started. "You know we love you and supported you in everything you do. But, we need time to think about this. Could you give us at least tonight to think about it?"

"...yeah, I can do that."

"You're free to go then. You done with your food?"

"Yep."

I pick up my plate and left it in the sink. I exchange an evening farewell to my parents before heading to my room. I took another shower and provided first aid to myself. I got dressed for bed and as soon as my head touched the pillow, I'm out like a light.
.
.
.
*knock-knock*
"(Name), are you awake?"

Honestly, I was. I only slept for 4 hours that night. Then, I woke up at 3 in the morning. I guess my mind was still racing with suspense. I really wanted to attend UA, but if my parents won't let me, I don't have a chance.

"Yeah, I'm up."

"Come down stairs when you're ready. We've made our decision."

"...okay."

I got dress in my home wear: an oversized, long sleeved shirt with black, women sized sweats. I wasn't planning on doing anywhere so, why bother. I dragged my way to the livingroom and I froze in place. Why? Because, it wasn't just my parents, Gunhead was there with them! They spot me and I'm like a deer in headlights. My legs are shaking. What now? Freakin' move, stupid body!

I finally got myself seated down between my parents. As they and the said pro hero conversed about my future career, I'm trembling and screaming in my head.

"I've come to the conclusion that you're daughter: (name), has one of the most powerful quirks I've ever encountered," claimed Gunhead. "I saw her fight that villain. She risked her life for a girl, despite her being so cruel to her for so long. She has a strong sense of justice and a big heart. She'd make a wonderful hero someday. If you would allow me to train her, I'd be honored and teach her everything she needs to know before going to UA."

Silence. My parents exchanged looks before giving there answer,"you have our full support. All we ask is for you to look after her well."

I stare between them in disbelief. They're granting me permission to train with Gunhead?

"I fully intend to make sure she excels. But once she gets accepted into UA High, I have no control on what she'll do next."

"If I get accepted," I uttered, subconsciously.

"And you will," said my mother. "You've worked so hard for your entire life."

"Exactly," my father added,"if you can take down a villain, getting into the hero course should be a piece of cake!"

They really believe in me. Warm tears fall down my face as my parents hugged me in comfort. I can't remember the last time I cried but, this felt familiar in some way. My parents are willing to support in whatever decision I make and I'll make sure they won't regret it. I'll make them proud more than ever!

Today marks the first, real chapter of my story. The chance that is given to me, my dream of becoming something greater, and my future of becoming a hero!......