"Hey, Uno!"

Since the day I got my acceptance letter from UA, I was still at home: in bed. I've been sick for three weeks. Apparently, my cold turned to a fever and I was experiencing literal hell. I ended up missing two days of school and I regret that! Those students were probably having so much fun at UA!

Thankfully, my family found an immediate recovery medicine for me. I felt a lot better but drained my the side effects and the lack of sunlight and fresh air. So, I decided to go outside for a bit into the city. It was late afternoon, but I promise my parents that I'd be home by 7:00. I strolled down my quiet, hellbent neighborhood until I saw an unfamiliar silhouette coming my way. Upon closer inspection, it was the ash boy from the practical exams. Weird, I've never seen him walk by here before. Though, something was off.

I pretend to not see him and bump roughly into his shoulder. He's immediately ticked by snapping his head towards me. I glanced at his eyes and I was right. They were puffy from crying. But, why was he crying though?

Continuing with my act, I said,"Oh, I'm very sorry. Hold on, you're from the UA exams!" He seemed to have bought it. "Are you okay? Your eyes are red."

His expression intensified as he yelled at me,"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR GOD DAMN BUSINESS!!"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry for worrying about you." I stepped back. Yikes, he's really defensive.

"You look at me the same way that damn, nerd does!"

"Who?! Look, I don't know what you're deal is, but chill!"

"Who are you to tell me-!..."

I stop listening to the guy when my ears picked up an all-too-familiar sound.

"Duck down!"

I grabbed his uniform and yanked him downward. Before he could shout some more, a hand sized rock collided to the ground. I ended up dragging the ash boy by his arm as more rocks were being aimed at us. His explosive quirk started to show and that made the rocks come faster.

"Why the HELL are these rocks being thrown at us?!"

"Shut up, and run!"

We make it to my house and I shoved him through the door. I lean breathlessly on the door, trying to hear any sort of continuation of that ambush. Nothing.

"Phew! We're safe!"

"Mind telling me what the fuck was going on?!"

The ash boy looked more pissed than ever. I can't really blame him for this. I brought him here against his will.

"I'm sorry..." I said full of guilt,"that was my fault. People in this neighborhood don't like me very much. Now, they'll hate on you too."

"Why?"

"This area hates people with quirks. It doesn't matter who you are or what your power is. They'll hate you."

"What kind of stupid-"

"(Name), is that you?"

Coming towards the entrance, my mother poked her head around the corner. She went quiet when she saw ash boy; backing away to the kitchen once more.

"Uhm,...it's probably best if you stay for a while. Going out now will just end up you being attacked again and possibly try to kill someone."

"Fine. But just so you know, I didn't need your help!"

I told my parents the situation and they seemed okay with it. Dad was a little uneasy because it there was boy, and me his only (adopted) daughter, might've brought up his protective side. Bakugo, who I just remembered his name, had dinner with us. Even though it was a bit awkward.