💕Chapter 8💕

~Banjo

"What is going on here?" The principal said as Joshua and I were about to throw punches.

"All of you" his eyes scanned the crowd "Seniors and prefects. I want to see you all NOW!!!!" His voice boomed throughout the entire field.

I glanced furiously at Daniella. The girl seemed to irk me in ways I couldn't describe. Joshua was too angry to look in my direction and the others seemed too annoyed to look at me.

After looking round, I reluctantly followed and so did the others. We moved in silence watching his glistening head as we moved. His head, like everything else, was always kept clean shaven. The sun was so intense, it seemed to hit his head at just the right angle intensifying it's shine. The principal was a queer man. Although he wasn't that tall, he managed to maintain a straight posture. His glasses always lay directly on the bridge of his nose. He seemed to have a habit of adjusting his glasses every few seconds.

It didn't take long before we arrived at the general waiting room where the principal took his seat on one on the cushions. He made sure to adjust his glasses as he sat down. This was probably so he could see all our faces at once. Dani tried to hide in the midst of Joshua and the other guys while I stood aloof at the other side of the room.

The Principal cleared his throat.

"As Seniors and prefects in this reputable institution I find the behaviour you executed today completely appaling. This behaviour is totally unbecoming and deserves to be punish to avoid a repeat of such insolence." He paused, probably to look into our eyes as he dished out his punishment.

"To say I'm dissappointed would be the understatement of the decade. Of course, I expected such from you boys but not you Daniella. What has come over you? As head girl, I don't expect such. Fighting in my school! Totally unacceptable!!! And you, Banjo, as head boy...." he paused adjusting his glasses such that it lay just on the edge of his nostrils.

"Your father must be dissappointed" he sighed.

"As you two were present, head boy and girl whilst such insolence was taking place. You two get 2 weeks of community service. The rest of you aren't getting off easily either, a week of well deserved community service as well. You're all dismissed and today's inspection tie breaker has been rendered useless." His words were slow and deliberate as usual and he kept adjusting his glasses which couldn't seem to stay on his nose. Our heads were all bowed and I couldn't but steal a few glances at Dani who seemed as though she wanted to cry.

"Points will be deducted from both boys and girls for this lack of discipline." The principal said as we all made our way out of the room.

As we made our way out Benjamin and Joshua were by Dani's side consoling her. Apparently she had been crying. I scoffed internally. This girl was playing us like a fiddle but I refuse to be deceived. This wasn't the first time the boys and I had gotten in trouble. In fact, I'd say we were used to it but this was the first time they were angry at me. And to make matters worse it was over a girl.

I scoffed and walked away. I needed to be far from them and all their wahala. I went to a sacred spot behind the male hostel. The boys and I had discovered it in Jss 3 when we had played a prank on one of the seniors. We had gotten his uniform and put "warapa" inside. He itched so much he had to go to the clinic. Our sacred spot was a mix of greenery and serenity. The spot overlooked a the school garden and a small river flowing into town. It provided both food and shelter for days where we needed to hide. There was a shed where garden tools were stored and where we mostly hid whenever we had made trouble and the entire hostel were in search of us.

I wasn't hiding in the shed though. I just needed the cool evening breeze hitting my skin as I gave myself some time to ponder over the day's events. I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed Kola's arrival.

"My guy! I don dey find you oo. Your face just scarce" Kola said taking a seat opposite me.

"Kola, you dey find me? I didn't think you'd miss me." I sighed

"What nonesense are you saying? I missed that your frown oh. The gostel was just dry without you" he said giving me one of those his famous smiles while I remained silent.

"Me and Deji don search the hostel tire. You just dissappeared on us. It's not fair oh. Shey you and that girl get beef?" He asked and for the first time in a long time I saw a different expression other than cheer. He looked concerned.

"Guy, I just have a bad feeling about this girl. My instincts are telling me something and you know they're never wrong. Never!!" I said full of dismay.

"The guys are starting to get suspicious oh! Your arrogance is legendary, no doubt but the way you just went berserk on the field. Honestly bro, you no try at all" Kola had been my friend since primary school days. I could always count on him to tell me the truth and have my back.

"I'm sorry. There's just something about that girl that pisses me off. She gets on my last nerve." I gritted my teeth, even the thought of her got me angry.

"Why are you telling me sorry? It's not me you should be telling you're sorry, hope you know? You need to apologise to her bro. You were out of line completely"

I looked at my friend and started laughing. Omo!  Kola had grown o! He was now giving me solid advice.

"Okay. So you're saying I should give her a chance. Is that it?" I looked at him incredulously.

"Yes. One chance" his grin was back "Who knows? You two might even become besties" he growled with laughter as I punched his arm.

"You like rough play" I said laughing too. Being around Kola was a breath of fresh air.

"Cook don serve food?" I asked which earned another bout of laughter for Kola.

"Foodie aye! I wonder who made you head boy. They were supposed to make you the food prefect" he laughed again and I joined in.

"I asked Dayo to sort out our food. Please let's start going before our pounded yam and efor riro gets cold" We both stood up and made our way to the dining hall.

A/n

Okay! Banjo's POV. Who enjoyed that? So Banjo and Dani are getting punished😁😁.

I'm honestly happy to have new readers here. You guys are welcome. Aunty Sewa b2c3d4, thank you for always spamming the comment section reminding me to update. I'm sorry it always takes so long and I'm glad you enjoy my book so much.

I'll probably edit this chapter soon. New chapter coming this week hopefully.

Please like, comment and share ❤
P.s: I need a new cover for the book😁
Glossary
Wahala ~ trouble
Efo riro~ a type of vegetable soup
Dry~ boring or uneventful
Aye~ life
Omo~ Child or an exclamation or expression.