Chapter Two | Miserable life

And finally, the never-ending classes ended

And finally, the never-ending classes ended. It was a weird feeling. Pulling your stiff body to here and there, and then throwing your dead body on one of the bloody chairs for infinite hours. And the most hellish point is the flexible monster –professor- who runs from one corner of the room to the other, blubbering words that no one could ever settle in their genius minds.

"What's your plan for today?" I glanced at Kyrell's face which was as normal as before now.

"Brenda invited us to a bloody party!" She groaned tightening her backpack on her shoulder.

"No! Not a party please." I would evaporate when it came to parties. My mind was anti-parties.

"She convinced a lot, I guess we better go."

"That girl is insane. You remember last year's annual party?" I sighed deeply at the memory.

"Yeah. She was stuck to you like a jelly-fish." Kyrell tossed a pink-bubble-gum into her mouth.

"Eww. She was disgusting"

"That's quite fun." She poked me in the arm.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. She sounded suspicious.

"Teasing you." She winked and started jogging towards the bus that had just arrived.

"Want me to come?" I shouted behind her.

"No. It's ok." She hung half of her body out of the moving bus. "Bro is at home." And then the bus disappeared in a distance.

"Bro" I muttered to myself. I always wished to have one, though probably I already have one. As I was told by my dad and my blur memories; I had one. But after all that, mom took him with her and I was left behind with dad. Most miserable memory I've, or maybe the only memory I have.

Listening to music, I prevented arriving home too early. I knew what awaited for me there; he would be there. Perhaps drinking or watching the worst movies ever. I hugged my books tight over my chest. He gave me creeps.

I was lost in my dark memories and sinking in my little hell when suddenly someone bumped into me and my books rapidly got spread on the naked ground. I raised my head to eye three bastard boys, chuckling like idiots -instantly I realized two major points.

First, Billy was one of them. The damn boy who made my best friend cry today, basically her boyfriend.

Second, they were drunk! I'm always in contact with one, so it's like a piece of cake to find out this fact.

I stood up, my heartbeat fastened, boiling blood rushing in my veins. I could feel the anger's effects on my face. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, I gifted a big fist to the one in the middle –Billy- who instantly fell next to my books.

Wow. That was impressive. I thought.

They were taken aback for a while but then outrage could be felt. I felt embarrassed as I realized everyone's pair of eyes were staring at us curiously. The embarrassment and anger didn't leave any room for fear. I gathered my books briskly and put on my headphones not to hear my voice yelling at them in disgust, "Get lost!"

The key found its way through the locker and unlocked the door with to-and-fro movements. I opened the door wide enough only to pass through. The house was empty with the silence' throne ruling on it, and my steps seemed loud enough to curse it and break its rules. I stayed with the same clothes as I had no mood to change them up. I tried to think but the only thing which entered my open-welcoming-mind was Kyrell. And all the bitter tastes I'd felt [or tasted...whatever] today. It didn't make any sense.

Perhaps, I was too dazed from the first lie: 'After all, you're only human'. The entire scene replayed in my mind. I wasn't even sure if it was a lie.

What could she be if she wasn't a human being?! An animal! I groaned at my stupid thoughts. My thoughts rounded and rounded on the same line without discovering a new hint or making a sense. "Stop!" I broke the rules of the throne once again, scoffing to myself.

I rested my head on the soft pillow and stared at the roof, like a total psycho person. A tiny thought dropped in my mind, "Why not call her?" That was probably the most useful thought I was capable of thinking in that situation.

Waiting impatiently for her to pick up, I listened to the beeps.

"Hello?" The voice seemed too harsh and dull.

"Uh..hi?"

"Can I help you?" Yes, it was a man's voice -her brother, of course. I fumbled then arranged some words into a proper sentence.

"Can I have Kyrell on the phone?" I asked sceptically, though I'd never heard Keyy's brother's voice -it seemed familiar, like hers.

"Sure, just a sec."

"Okay." I wasn't even sure I heard it myself. I had the phone pressed to my ear, when his sound rose strangely. A scream.

I couldn't recognize what that was, maybe he was just calling out to Keyy? I wasn't even sure I was hearing 'his' voice. I tried to focus more.

"Hey, Maya!" This was Keyy's voice, pitch and sweet, but there was a kind of cracking in it.

"Hey Keyy, umm... was that your bro?"

"Yeah. Though I would be glad if you asked me about my situation." She mused strictly, with an obvious mock in her ton. I flashed red out of embarrassment; though her brother's unexpected appearance was a shock.

"Sorry, I'm sorry." I muttered shamefully then continued honestly, "It was a great shock to hear your brother's voice after all these years!" I couldn't even remember his name [short memory problems in addition to not paying any attention]. I exhaled, "by the way, you better?"

"Yes." She answered with the same disinterest, and mockingly ton.

"Did you have any other purpose for calling now?" She meant: "You disturbed me and now go away I don't want to talk to your dumb-face". She was at the edge of cutting off when I dug my mind and found what would get her interest.

"Do you want me to come after you; we can have some fun before the party?" I apparently confessed that I'll go to that damn party. Damn...

"No. No. No.," She was scared, and I wondered whether there was a problem. "I'll come on my own. We will meet there at the party. "She controlled herself.

"Keyy?" I pondered

"What?" She sounded disgusted.

I jolted with a surprise to hear the door being closed substantially. I knew who it was- we were only two persons living in this possessed house.

"I gotta go. Dad's home. Bye. "I hung the phone off without even waiting for her to breathe.

"No way!" I muttered to myself angrily, but there wasn't such thing as the real anger in me. It was Fear.

 It was Fear