Chapter Seven | Haunted Mind

The ghost's voice echoed a very loud "ouch" and scowled deeply, trying to even his breath

One more kick. My mind demanded me but "Ouch" sounded too strange –and brat too for a ghost. I, slightly, opened my eyes to the sound of the familiar boy, instead of running away.

Carson.

"Can you please stop killing people by freaking them out with sneaking into scary dark haunted allies, then almost breaking their ribs by kicking them straight in the chest?" He scowled again, obviously bearing a high level of pain.

He leaned against the wall, dropping to his feet, trying to stop moaning and snuggling from pain. His dark hair covered his bright face as he brushed the mud off his leather jacket, gifted by the earth when I kicked him.

I folded my arms, sighing.

"You're such a crybaby!" I reached to help his winces, only before realizing, he was laughing. "Wait... What the hell are you exactly doing here?" I asked suspiciously, annoyed. Was this dumb boy spying on me?! "Are you stalking on me or what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry for disturbing your ghost-hunting-journey in your haunted castle." He motioned to the darkish ally.

I stretched my hand towards him for support. "The haunted-castle isn't mine."

He tried to catch my hand that I was offering to help him, but instantly I backed off a step. He caught the air and fell.

"Hey!" He complained. This time getting a new help from the wall to stand on his feet. He struggled to his feet and straightened his body, then once again combust in laughter.

"Ugh. What the-- ?" One kick was not enough for this stupid creature to act like a real human being.

"You're a professional kicker and a murderer, you know!" He snapped between his giggles.

"You're insane! Wanna experience another professional awesome kick?" I raised an eyebrow as he did the same but with his hands in defence.

"Oh no, freaky girl. I've had enough of that for one year. Keep it for the ghosts you wanted to hunt."

"Don't ever again call me 'freaky girl' you dumb, dirty-face."

Being with Kyrell, I could've used some pretty nasty words. But I caught myself.

"Dumb? I can bear it, but the dirty face?" He frowned. "Nah, no way it doesn't suit me!" He continued. "By the way, I don't feel any cosy over here, let's hang out somewhere else." He flashed a crooked mischievous smile then silently added, "Freaky girl."

I scowled deeply. "First of all: you're not forced to stay here, second of all: I'm not hanging with anyone especially not you!" I grumbled. "and thirdly, why the hell were you spying on me?"

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms to stop shivering from cold and held up my dignity. He rolled his eyes not buying my seriousness.

"Cold, huh?" He smirked, the one I hate because it shows his triumphant. "Let's get outta here before we changed to frost..."

"Sshhh..." I shushed him sternly. Suddenly entirely awake and utterly alert.

"Wha—"

"Shut up!"

I stopped him. There was a sound behind me, and a movement in front of me. Carson realized it too. Because his eyes filled with fear and his shaky hand clenched my dress.

Seriously? I thought. I mean it was scary and I was filled with terror, but I would never do such an embarrassing thing, well only maybe if Ian was here. I shook my head, throwing all those thoughts to where they belong. Past.

"Let's get out of this stupid place." He whispered, his voice cracking. He pulled me along and I didn't protest, but what about Kyrell?

I'd waited enough, I thought trying to assure myself, 20 minutes? It didn't seem too long but enough to be here.

Suddenly he stopped his run-for-life steps and I almost ran into him.

"What's wrong?" I muttered, cringing badly and trying to calm my breathing.

"Everything!" he mumbled back, then straightened. "Hey!" He waved to something in front of him, out of my sight.

I took a step forward, someone was standing there.