Chapter 5 - Allura

/* Sorry these parts are so long.  I'm might break up the next few into different parts... Anyways, thanks for still reading!  TW: Death (Nobody can bully Allura) */

Allura's POV

Allura is next. She walks into the room, not realizing the partition didn't stop her until she notices the paladins are no longer beside her. She spins towards them, eyes wide as understanding dawns on her. She stares at them, maybe if she keeps her attention on them nothing will happen.

Lance gives her a smile and a thumbs up. Allura smiles a bit. He's such a nice boy, despite his ugly ears. She just wishes she feels the same way. She's tried to discourage his affection, but she's afraid she'll hurt his feelings.

A bright light flares behind her. She turns to it, forgetting her plan to root her attention on her friends.

She's on Altea. Green grassy hills dotted with Juniberry flowers run under her feet. In the distance is the city, with gleaming buildings stacked nicely together. A fresh breeze whispers past her face, bearing the sweet scent of the Juniberries with it.

Allura closes her eyes, savoring the feel of her home. It's been so long since she's been here. Why is that again? She can't quite remember, weird. But she lets the breeze carry away her confusion and worry.

The ground rumbles menacingly, and Allura shoots to her feet, shocked. When did she sit down?

She does a 180, to see the Castle of Lions sitting serenely behind her. It must have been the landing that shook the ground, except it's not. The Castle is not moving, but the ground continues to tremble.

Coran and her father hurry out of the castle, sprinting her way.

"Father? What is happening?" she asks, wrapping him in a bearhug when he gets close. When was the last time she hugged him?

"Allura, my love. I'm sorry, but the Galra are coming. Zarkon is still alive and he's sent destroyers our way. You need to leave right now. Follow me," Alfor demands. She listens to him, like she had her entire life. She dashes along to keep up with him and Coran. They are both worried, shooting concerned eyes at the city.

"What are we going to do?" Allura pants. Coran and Alfor lead her to the cryopod room.

"I'm sorry, darling. I love you so much. I hope you know that," Alfor says gently. Allura furrows her brows.

"I love you too, Father. I'm confused," she admits. Alfor folds her in a deep hug. A sharp sting in the side of her neck from the thin needle he used.

She startles, pulling away from his grasp.

"What are you doing?" she screams, tears forming in her eyes.

"What I need to do to keep you safe, my dear," Alfor replies. Darkness crowds her vision as Coran supports her limp body. He says something to Alfor, but she can't make it out. She's placed in a pod, the air significantly colder inside. Before the door shuts, she feels a pair of lips grace her forehead one last time.

"Father..." she mutters, eyes fluttering closed. Darkness.

A soft hissing noise escapes, and her eyes open slowly. She feels weightless, but gravity takes a hold of her body and she falls. A pair of brown arms stops her from landing on the ground. She looks up at the man holding her. She instantly recognizes the blue eyes and freckles. Lance. How does she know his name; surely, they've never met before?

Allura turns her head to the side and sees Coran getting out of his own pod. Lance is saying something, but she pays him not attention.

"Not now, Lonce," she demands, standing on her own. She walks to the ginger and hugs him.