ch8

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I hate myself
I hate school
I hate being in middle school
What am I doing with my life???

Also, this chapter contains many f words.
- - -

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

The sound of a soul monitor continued beeping steadily as a pale yellow lizard in a lab coat sat on her office chair and ate her instant noodle with her bare feet resting on her messy white desk.

It was a peaceful day for her, no dramatic robot, no dance addicted skeletons, and most importantly, no fish in an armour.

'It's just me, myself, and I.' She smiled happily, 'Not counting a near-dead skeleton, though.'

Glancing at her left, she saw a figure lying on the pure white mattress of her comfy bed. They were a skeleton, but what gender? She didn't know, yet. If she based on the anatomy of the said skeleton, the result would be female but there was nothing to guarantee that at the moment.

Plus, she didn't want to assumed things and get it wrong, and with how much they had been through, it was hard to analyse them.

Looking back at her bowl of noodles, she held it up and gulped down the remaining liquid in pure bliss. She always loved her noodles and soda more than anything. Though, her blissful moment got cut short after she nearly choked and split her food out of her mouth because of a scream.

The scream sounded like a broken record and a bit of an electronic device, almost like her robotic friend/experiment but his voice wasn't going up and down like this one.

Quickly but carefully, she placed down her bowl on top of a pile of her paperwork and half-ran half-walked to the skeleton, who seemed to be panicking and started crawling at their own eye-sockets.

"Calm down!" The lizard begged even though her voice sounded more like demanding, "Just take a deep breath. In and out, in and out." But her efforts were in vain, it seemed like they just woke up from a traumatic nightmare and/or one month of comatose.

'What would colour do?'

Sighing out in defeated, she walked away from the skeleton and came back with a baseball bat in her claws like hands. Swinging the bat above her head, she brings the bat down swiftly, hitting the skeleton in the skull and successfully knocking them out in the process.

"Hopefully, this will end well-"

"OH. MY. FREAKING. LEGS!"

_

"Ok, ok, everyone calms down!" Dream screamed out as he paced around the room. His voice was shaky and filled with concern. Sweats were trickling down his skull while his hands became sweaty, and his eye lights shrieked into small yellow dots. "Everything will be fine, we will be fine, nothing bad is going to happen, we will find a way to stop the multiverse from killing us because Error is dead!"

Tripping over a rotten apple on the floor, Dream fell down and yelp as Nightmare and his gang looked at Dream apathetically while sitting on the floor and the green couch that was stolen from a copy of Underswap.

"Can you just shut the fuck up?" Nightmare growled, closing his monster biology book. "Error is not dead, YET."

Almost immediately, Dream shot up from the concrete floor into a sitting position. "ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" His eyes shifted into stars as he beamed in delight. "Yes, I just realized this a week ago." Nightmare replied nonchalantly, signalling Cross the black and white skeleton to bring in the starry skeleton.

"But how?"

"Due to our magic stream in our system that works just as complex as a bloodstream in the humans' body, the..." As Nightmare continued explaining to him, he could do nothing but sat on the floor awkwardly. He may not be the brightest but he was sure he wasn't stupid, yet, for some reason, whatever Nightmare was saying for the next minute made no sense to him.

Sure, the first sentence was still understandable but the rest sounded like something that only a scientist or those who are a genius in biological science like Nightmare, Dr.Alphys, Gaster and Sci could understand. There were only scientific words except from is, am, are, monster, SOUL, and some other basic words. Dream could see the confusion in Killer's and Horror's expression while Dust didn't even spare a glance at Nightmare or even bothered to listen to him.

"Therefore, the monster's magic is connected directly to its owner's SOUL. If the monster died, the magic would disappear. Any question?"

"N-no, thanks for explaining!"

"Dream, " Nightmare looked at his nervous wreck of a brother blankly, "You didn't even listen to me, did you?"

"Ahhhhh... Why would you think that?"

"What did I say about monster's magic system?" The unamused face of Nightmare made Dream sweat even more.

"It is a-" "Boss, Outer is here." Cross spoke in his monotonous voice out of nowhere, not caring if he butted into their conversation.

"Good evening, Outer." Nightmare greeted, "I hope you do not bring that 'parasite' with you." His glared hardened at the word parasite as Outer shuddered. "Please don't speak of that devil. I don't want to remember the last encounter."

"What happened last time?" Dream asked, gaining a stare/glare from everyone in the room as he chuckled nervously. "Never mind, I don't want to know anymore."

"Please stop looking at me like that..."

_

"Dr.Alphys, " The robot started, "Why in the underground would yOU HIT A KID LIKE THAT!?"

Staring at back the robot in hot pink boots and bandana, Dr.Alphys or the pale yellow lizard huffed out in annoyance. "Well, first, Mister Mettaton, that 'kid' is not a kid. They are older than your original demo robotic form, which was created about twenty years ago. Meaning, they are old enough to be called a teenager."

"But THAT still doesn't give you the right to hit them in the head!"

"Skull." Dr.Alphys corrected, "Secondly if Colour was here, he would do exactly the same. Maybe with a frying pan or a chair instead."

Looking at Mettaton's horrified expression, Dr.Alphys could feel an undeniable feeling of satisfaction, making her smirked slightly. "And lastly, why would you do if you were in my situation? The poor guy, or girl, was hurting themselves and didn't seem to stop because they just woke up from a nightmare. I even bet that Shade did it for some of his sickening pleasure. That son of a bitch is a fucking sadist anyway."

Walking over to the dull grey fridge, she grabbed a bottle of soda and drank it as Mettaton decided to poke the black skeleton.

"Also, if you are sooo concerned about me taking care of that skeleton's health. Why don't you do it yourself? I would like to see you try, you dumbass."

"Sorry," Mettaton muttered, "I promise won't overreact again."

"Like you can." Dr.Alphys scoffed, ignoring a glare from Mettaton.

"When will they wake up?"

"Dunno, based on my calculation, about the next two hours."

"Jeez, how hard did you hit them?"

"Shut the fuck up or else I'm going to tell Sans that you broke into his house last month."