0

You were clapping your hands as you giggled, happy for the win of the protagonist of the show. Megumi, next to you, was smiling, happy too. She always was so calm when you were kinda energetic.

Soon after the end of your episode, your mom entered your room and told your best friend she had to go back home, because her parents were waiting for her. You waved at her, sad that she had to leave, and she waved back.

That used to happen at least four times a week, since you were living in the same street, you used to see each others all the time.

But that was before she moved away. Well, no. As years passed, she became more distant, even though you were still friends. You thought it was because she found your absence of ideas for the future dumb, and she felt ashamed hanging out with you. You thought that your whole life, from when she started becoming distant to when she moved away from your city.

She dreamed to become a policewoman. You didn't know why, as she would never tell you the reason, but you knew it. She was always looking in police books, searching how to become one, and you eventually assumed it. You, on the other hand, didn't have any dream. You thought you'd became a casual grocery shop worker, or something like that.

Though you still went to college, and you had to go to another city to study there. That was where you accidentally saw her again, as you were being pressured. She handcuffed the oppressors and, with the help of some co-workers (you assumed they were her coworkers), she sent them to the police office. She then asked you if you were okay, and you nodded, not knowing why she seemed so familiar to you.

After a few months, you had finally knew why she felt so familiar, while looking through old pictures books. You almost immediately packed your stuff and went to the police office. The person working there was quite surprised when you asked to see an officer, but still told you where your childhood friend was.

You knocked at the door of that place. When you entered, you only saw her and some co-workers, who all seemed to be older than her.

"- Hello?, she asked.
- Uh, hi! Uhm, sorry if I'm disturbing haha...
- Oh no it's okay. Are you looking for someone?
- Actually, yeah! Uhm- Megumi, is that right?
- Yes. Why are you asking that?
- You remember me? (y/n) (l/n), your old friend!"

She seemed quite shocked at seeing you. It took a few seconds to get a reaction from her, and that reaction was her getting up and hugging you. You were surprised to see such an affective move from her, who was always so cold. She turned to her coworkers and said she would be out for a little, and to call her if needed. After that, she exited the room, pulling you by your arm.

You two went to a café not too far, and you started talking, catching up on the years you lost. Megumi apologized for leaving so suddenly, and you apologized for being an annoying person with no dreams. She looked confused, and asked you why you thought that. And you answered, telling why you thought she moved away.

"- Oh, you really thought that? My, it's not it at all!
- It isn't?
- No! I thought you would be annoyed hearing me ramble about my dream studies all day, so I stayed alone. That's all!
- I see we both thought we were annoying each others!"

You two laughed at that. Since that day, you would often hang out with Megumi, finding back your complicity. And it went on like that for years. Even after you graduated from college, you still hung out with her when you could.

One day, you were going to the police office again, to pick up Megumi. She wasn't coming, so you decided to go to the room where you usually picked her up when that happened. There, you saw her and a tall brown haired man. They were talking, and Megumi seemed to remember you were supposed to hang out when seeing you.

"- Oh! I'm sorry (y/n), I totally forgot about our thing!
- Don't worry, it's okay! Who's that? I never saw him before.
- This is Keiji, he just started working here. Keiji, this is (y/n), my best friend.
- Keiji Shinogi, nice to meet you., he said nodding.
- (y/n) (l/n), same here!"

You decided to stay with them, and the three of you talked until you had to leave. Eventually, you all started hanging out together. Keiji was at first really formal, but he learned to warm up a bit.

But you had to focus on your work now, and you couldn't see them anymore. So you stopped hanging out with Megumi and Keiji, and only focused on your job.

One night, after finishing your late shift, you were walking home. You thought you saw a shadow that looked like your friend, but it was nothing, so you continued to walk. Or you were supposed to...

Without you being prepared, hands came up from the place the shadow was, and dragged you inside, knocking you out...

----------

And that's it for the first part!
Or 0 part lmao
It's a prologue, so you kinda know the past of how you and Keiji met, how you got kidnapped, and all-

Hope you enjoyed it, haha!